The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

a glimmer of hope???

maybe? could it be?

I was at work today and got this email from our case worker

"Emilie,
We are currently working to get the medical and photos for your daughter from the new province. We are working on the licensing process, but am asking the for the medical to be realeased now. I hope to have the information soon. I will contact you with another update shortly."

so of course i immediately dissected every single word. "your daughter" it sounds like they have our baby! and the "contact you with another update shortly" part. what exactly does "shortly" mean. Like this afternoon, or like in 2 weeks? Cris is thinking at least 2 weeks. I think so probably too. I am now hoping for a mother's day referral. i think that is reasonable. that way i don't think every single day is "the day".

the adoption world wheels seem to be moving a little bit faster. There are several families in vietnam now, (I was soooo happy to finally hear from Susan, who i have "met" through adoption websites) and lots of people are getting closer to their travel approval.

0 comments: