My first week back has been a whirlwind. Working nights has been going well so far. We haven't had any really crazy busy nights all week, so it has been a good transition. This schedule really causes the days to fly by, though. After my 14 hour shift i go straight home to bed, then wake up just in time to head back to work, and before i realize it, the whole week is over and I can enjoy my Saturday off.
I'm trying to find fun things to do every weekend until the baby comes. I know our lives are going to change drastically in about 2 months, and I want to squeeze in all the running around i can into the next couple months. So far i have planned a nice weekend trip to Kauai at the end of the month. I'm really excited about visiting the "garden isle". it is supposed to be very green and beautiful and peaceful. We are staying 2 nights at a lovely oceanfront resort, and i think it will be a great time.
Yesterday we went to the Fingerprinting office to renew our fingerprints. Apparently fingerprints expire! Who knew? I thought your fingerprints pretty much stayed the same for life, but i guess the U.S. government has found a reason to require Fingerprinting every 15 months for adoptive parents. Anyway, it was uneventful. The immigrations officer we had was about the nicest government worker i have ever seen. She was so excited for us, and specifically requested we send her a christmas card of Juneau after she comes home.
I am still feeling great with the pregnancy. No aches or pains yet. And fortunately, I have NEVER had a problem sleeping anytime or anywhere. I'm trying to stay healthy and energetic, and have been out walking several times this week. Nova's movements have changed a lot. She has been in a head down position for the last 6 weeks or so, and now i get random baby parts poking out. Mostly her bottom and knees i think. She's also been getting the hiccups, which is a little strange.
anyway, we are excited as can be, and incredibly anxious for these girls to FINALLY arrive. Thanks for continuing to keep us in your thoughts and prayers and we wait for Juneau's final paperwork to be ready!
Friday, March 7, 2008
whirlwind week
Posted by Cris and Em at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment