The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Another week ends...

We are coming up on the close of another week in March. Still waiting (not so patiently) for our referral. I had to work all weekend, but while i was at work cris was busy around the house, and set up our new grill! We were never really into grilling, but now that we live in a place that is 75 degrees and sunny 365 days a year, we thought it might be fun to have a grill.
Since it looks like we won't be travelling to Vietnam in May (we are still hoping for june though!) I am hoping to be able to come home for a visit. I have a new little niece on the way (Tommy and Sonya are due May 14th!!), so hopefully I will get to meet the new baby.
Other upcoming events...my birthday is March 29th. I am hoping for a picture of our baby girl for my birthday. and also a pair of heely's. I think having some Heely's would really cut down on how long it takes me to go from clinic, to L&D, to the ER. that is as long as i don't wipe out too often.



I'm attaching some pics from our totally awesome visit with the Matus gang in January. It was so much fun to have Coral, Ed, Alex, Lyndsey and Brent in Hawaii. If you click on the picture you can see a big version.
In Hawaii,New Year's is celebrated with endless hours of home fireworks which extend into the early morning hours. it actually creates so much smoke that you can barely see if you go outside. we joined in the celebration with our own style of fireworks.




Cris and the kids hanging out at the beach.










Tree monkeys

0 comments: