The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Family

We are still waiting for any info on our baby girl. While we are waiting I though I would post about some of the members of the awesome family we will be welcoming the baby into. Both Cris and I are blessed beyond belief with the greatest families ever.

Iris Davis
This is my amazing grandma. Grandma was one of the happiest people I have ever known. She was a truly wonderful person, who loved each of her 5 children, 16 grandchildren, and 4 greatgrandchildren more than anything. I know that she thought about us and prayed for us every day. Grandma's life served as an example for everyone she was around of what it meant to live a truly sacrifical, happy, and christ-like life. Grandma was anxiously awaiting the arrival of her next great-granddaughter from Vietnam, but died peacefully 2 weeks ago. She joined Grandpa, as well as her great-grandson Ethan , and great-granddaughter Ellianna in Heaven. She will be thought of often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cris and emilie,
Love your baby blog. I check it every day. I'm not anxious!!!!
Thanks for what you said about Grandpa and grandma, They loved it.
I'm sure emilie that you will miss your grandmother. You have a great heritage there. Thank the Lord for people like her.
Love you lots,
Dad and mom Stickley

Katie Belle said...

I'm glad you have this post for Grandma up here. She was really fantastic.

Katie Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.