Yesterday was a really exciting day...
I thought I'd give you guys a little run down of how it all happened.
I had been visitng my family in Ohio last week (which was awesome...especially getting to meet the adorable Secily). I had finally settled into the idea that we may still be waiting quite a while to see our baby girl. We had been anticipating a referral any minute since February, so the wait was getting a little old, but i was coming to terms with it, and feeling ok about waiting.
Tuesday morning Cris came to PT in the a.m. with me. Fortunately this time he didn't break his leg. I had a rare morning that was set aside for research time/administrative duties, so i was just hanging out at the computer, trying to catch up on some stuff from vacation.
I opened up my email, and saw a message from Katie, our adoption coordinator. I immediately opened it, and saw the following message
"I just received photos of a baby girl, born May 18, 2007. Her name is THANH THU THI NGUYEN. It is confirmed that she is your child."
I immediately starting getting extremely excited. I couldn't believe the day we have been waiting for since we started this whole process in October had finally arrived. I immediately called Cris, but he didn't answer his phone. I tried calling him again (ok, i tried calling him like 14 more times) but he was away from his office and didn't hear the phone. I thought about waiting to open her pictures, but i just couldn't wait. I opened her first picture, and saw her tiny little face, and her perfect fair skin, and little mouth. i couldn't believe this was actually our baby. I sent a quick text message to cris that said "congratulations daddy, you have a baby girl, born May 18) FINALLY after what seemd like forever (but was really only about 15 minutes) cris called back, so excited that we could finally see this little girl who lives so far away, waiting for her mama and daddy to come get her. Unfortunately I was workign a 24 hour shift, so we couldn't really celebrate, but Cris did come to the hospital to have dinner with me so we could look at her little picture together.
So that's the story of how we came to see the first pictures of the baby girl soon to be our little June-bug.
We got 4 pictures of her, they all look pretty much the same, but i will post the other 3 photos. We think she is less than a week old in the pictures, because Katie recieved them by email on Saturday, when she was only 8 days old. We are still waiting for her medical report (which will have the details about her weight/lenght etc...). We hope to have this report sometime next week.
Her vietnamese name is:
Thanh - which means sunny, or lovely
Thu - which means Autumn
Thi - Poem
Nguyen is very common Vietnamese surname






0 comments:
Post a Comment