The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Many Thanks!

We had a long talk with Cris' parents last night, and got filled in a little on the hometown news. Everything from a fire in the cornfield to the Milton football team. But the most amazing thing was hearing all about the support we have been getting from our friends and family back home. We are so grateful for the prayers, good wishes, and appeals to the government regarding our situation. We are still hoping for a miracle of having our little girl home for Christmas. Thank you all for taking the time to listen to our story, and help out in any little way! We feel blessed to have a family and community who care so much about us!

We haven't heard anything new from the agency or the government. We have a meeting with the adoption agency on Wednesday morning to discuss the status of our case, and hopefully get a better idea about exactly what is going on. Part of our frustration lies in the lack of communication with our agency. We basically have no idea who's desk in Vietnam our paperwork is sitting on, and what has caused this big delay. We hope to get more information about the specifics on Wednesday. We will actually be meeting with the Vietnam coordinator, as well as the CEO of the agency, who is aware of our concerns about the delay in our travel.

I am missing November in Ohio just a little bit. I wouldn't mind a nice hike to see the fall colors. But I'm sure i won't be missing February in Ohio. I don't think icy/slushy roads can really rival a sandy beach. Another thing we've been missing for the last couple of years is fresh produce! I can't convince Cris to pay $1.00 an ear for wilty corn on the cob.

Anyway, we will post more after our meeting on Wednesday.

Thanks again for the prayers and support! We love you guys!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cris and Emilie- I called Sen. Bunning and he has already signed in support, McConnell has not so I asked him for support. And Con. Davis I remailed. Hope this helps, Love molly