I may be about to put you into photo-overload, so get ready. we had an AWESOME weekend. Actually, the whole week was just about perfect. Monday and Tuesday were hospital holidays (veteran's day + a "training holiday"), so i got to spend two extra days with the girls. there was a time (not too terribly long ago!) that i dreaded being home alone with the girls. I know that sounds terrible, but in August, after everyone finally was together in the same house, it just seemed so overwhelming to be responsible for both of them when i was by myself. Nova was still so tiny and needed constant attention, and Juneau was still adjusting to having a new mommy, a new sister, and a new house. Fortunately, being totally alone with them happened rarely, as i had tons of help from Cris, Betsy, and Sally. But there were some times it was just me and the girls, and it was terrifying. Now, for the most part, things are great when i spend the day home alone with them. I have even been brave enough to venture out on outings with them. On Monday (or was it tuesday?) I spent the day with the girls in honolulu. we ate breakfast at Starbucks, and then wandered over to the zoo, and then to the big fancy mall for a couple of hours. Our only purchase was the adorable little hat that Nova is modeling in the picture below. We had an absolutely fun day! As many other adoptive parents can attest to, we get blatantly stared at whereever we go. It usually starts with an "aww..cute baby" then the Phil and Ted stroller rolls by, and they notice the second baby, with a slightly darker skin tone, and the looks of puzzlement start. As crazy as it seems, we get a lot of "are they twins?", which baffles me, since Juneau is not only much bigger than nova, but also, clearly not Nova's twin. I think people must feel bad staring, so they just say the first thing they can think of. anyway, on to the rest of the weekend. 
Our very dear friend, Jeremy (brother to our nanny Sally, as well as husband to my friend Tracy-who delivered Nova-are you confused yet?) was home on R&R from Iraq. He has been gone a full year, and has to go back again until February, but it was so wonderful to have him home for a short time. There was a huge beach party/pig roast thrown for Jeremy, and everyone had a fantastic time! Nova quickly became Uncle Jeremy's biggest fan, and i'm sure she also can't wait until february to see him again.
Juneau loved the pig (both looking at it, and also eating it!)Jeremy's party was held at a beach house right on the beach, and Juneau had her first true ocean experience. Let's just say, she's a huge fan. We knew she loved the water, but we weren't so sure how she would handle the giant North Shore waves. Well, there was no need to worry. She loved the ocean like she was local kine. We weren't really planning on swimming with her right then, but before we knew it, we were all drenched, and Juneau was diving face first into the waves and then laughing. The next day we had to go back up to the beach house to pick up some stuff we left behind, and as soon as we stepped out into the yard Juneau was pointing at the water and wanted to get back in. Nova was napping during the whole ocean fiasco, so she didn't really try it out, but something tells me with her dislike of anything cold, combined with the fact that the waves are kind of on the loud side (and we know how she feels about loud noises), i don't think Nova is going to be a surfer-girl any time soon.








4 comments:
So cute! I love the hat! I'm going to have to find our daughter a hat that she will wear b/c all these little girls in hats are precious!
I can't believe how big they're getting! They're both SO gorgeous!
Adorable! I love to see Juneau playing in the surf :) Guess we are all going through that tantrum stage....eesh!
I love these girls so much. You have no idea how big a part of my life they are. I check daily and i get so upset when i have to go a long time without an update. I hope i can meet them someday. I love you all. Tesa
Post a Comment