We helped cris celebrate his 36th birthday on Super Bowl Sunday! We had a really fun day, and got to spend the whole weekend together since i didn't have to work at all.
Cris and our friend Saioa celebrating their birthdays at the SuperBowl Party
We were planning to see a movie that night; however, our plans were slightly disrupted. Remember when i said everyone had recovered from the Chuck E Cheese Ball Pit Virus that had caused lots of vomiting in the stickley house, well, i was just kidding. Nova has been coughing up copious amounts of mucous, and then vomiting from coughing so much. So, going out to the movies didn't work out so well when Nova got herself into hysterics from coughing and vomiting. No one has really be sleeping since Nova has been up much of the night coughing.
I don't think we had mentioned yet that we have moved both of the babies out of our room. They are both in the nursery now, which is overall MUCH better (Especially since cris and i get up at 4:30 a.m. for work, which is not really a good wake up time for babies). However, it means many many middle of the night trips to the nursery, as they have been waking each other up crying.
Saturday we attended our adoption agency's Lunar New Year Celebration. We forgot the camera! but Juneau had a fun time doing some of the activities. Nova had fun too, until a giant balloon she was playing with popped right in her face. Poor, fragile Nova about jumped out of her skin. Seriously, though, she is toughening up pretty well. She has become more of a dare devil, and her fear of loud noises and elevators seems to have subsided. She is crawling so fast these days she skinned the top of her foot from friction.
She is doing really well lately, so i think we can cross the following previously applicable Birthday Party Themes off our list:
Nova: I'm Afraid of Elevators
Nova: I'm Afraid of Elevators
Nova: I'm Afraid of Loud Noises
Nova: I'm Fragile
Nova: I Hold My Breath Until I Pass Out
Still in the running is:
Nova: I cough so hard I puke



2 comments:
Hello,
My name is Agnes I'm a graduate student at NYU in the public relations program. I'm writing a paper on the reputation of Vietnamese orphanages and need to obtain research on the subject. I came across your blog and was hoping you can complete a 5 question survey about your adoption experience.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=61GhpCOpNOJY7C1HzDnfDA_3d_3d
I appreciate your help and time. Thank you in advance.
Best,
Agnes
Happy Birthday, Cris!
Post a Comment