Today is my first day as Dr. Death. This means i am the "walk-in Doc" in the OB/GYN clinic, which means i see all the 1st trimester pregnant patients that are having some sort of issue, which is usually bleeding. You may or may not be aware that up to 25-30% of pregnancies end in a 1st trimester loss, which basically means i am pretty busy with this job. I do not mean to be unsensitive when i say that I'm Dr. Death, it is sincerely a downer of a job. We all hate it. Many of the patients i will see this week will be having miscarriages, and for many of them it is their 2nd or third miscarriage, and becomes quite depressing after a while. Of course much more depressing for the patient than for me, but pretty much a downer for all involved. Fortunately this morning I have had 2 little ladies with happy healthy baby's, and one that is too early to tell, so i am crossing my fingers for a good, happy week.
In Nova News, I just have to mention what a carnivore she is....did i give birth to this child?? When Cris and I met i was a vegeterian (commonly called a Vegemite in my family). It became difficult to make meals for both Cris and I, as he is a pretty traditional eater, so i incorporated Chicken into my diet. I still prefer veggie meals, and am not really a big meat eater. My daughter, however, can put away some serious meat! To the point that she has been giving herself some serious bowel issues, as her preferred diet would be eggs for breakfast, hamburger (plain with no bun or veggies) for lunch, and Meatballs for dinner. We are trying hard to incorporate some leafy stuff into that diet, much to her dismay. The only meat we have discovered she doesn't like is Ham. Cris was trying to get her to eat ham, and she didn't want to, and she actually gagged herself to the point of vomiting when it touched her tongue...oh, the drama!
In 1 week I will be headed here with 2 little girls in tow:
Cris will be headed here (he has some University of Hawaii business to attend to):

And we will all be glad to get away from the 18 degree weather here:
also, an update on the Magic Bracelets - They are STILL WORKING! I can't believe that a silly little glow bracelet was the solution to the sleeping issue! I was seriously questioning my ability to be a parent after weeks of the nighttime screaming, and all it took was a 6 cent glow bracelet? I am in no way ashamed to announce that we are now the owners of 300 glow bracelets.



4 comments:
I wish I had known about the bracelets 2 or 3 years ago! Naia was hard to put down, and even now at 5 yrs old, she gets up several times a night and usually ends up on the couch or oversized chair in the living room!
mange02@juno.com
Hi we follow y;ou weekly but very rarely ever make comments. I was wondering if you were taking the girls to disneyland or disneyworld. We are heading to disneyland on the 7th and thought it be cool to meet. Email me when you get a chance. mange02@juno.com
are you going to Disneyland or Disney World? We are headed to WDW on the 13th...love that place!
Post a Comment