The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

LOVING THE SUNSHINE!

Ok ok ok. I know I have said many times that Colorado is not on my list of favorite places. Our first winter here was very harsh. I was deployed the second winter. Here we are in January of our third winter, and it has been gorgeous! It is supposed to be almost 60 degrees today! Unfortunately our day won't involve playing outside today due to a little stomach virus that has miss nova feeling awfully bad. But overall this winter has not been bad at all! I know we probably still have 2 or 3 months before it is over, but I am thankful for the mild weather up until now.
Anyway, things have of course been quite busy since cris left. I was extremely fortunate to get the whole 4 day weekend off, so the girls and I have been having a great time.
I am trying very hard to cook more at home, and to limit our eating out. It's been going great! This week I made a whole weeks worth of freezer meals that can go straight from the freeze to the crockpot.
Well, enough about weather and crockpots! Bring on the pictures!
Enjoying a sunny day on the playground!
more playground fun!
and this is what bedtime looks like around our house these days! the girls know i will never turn down a request to sleep in my bed...unfortunately, the king sized bed has lots of empty space when they insist on sleeping in a pile.
"cocktail hour" at the Stickley house! this is a special treat for the girls....Stawberry nesquick, reddi-whip, and pink sprinkles!
Juneau wanted to show of her milk mustache, and nova wanted to "just smile cute"
This is our little sick girl this morning...after a night of throwing up. Pitiful, isn't it?
So we are pretty much sitting around, watching TV, and playing on the computer. It's juneau's kind of day.
For some reason, the girls became obsessed with the idea of making their own PB&J. ALLLL by themselves! I was actually in the shower when i started hearing noises (the fridge opening, the silverware drawer). I called down and Juneau said "don't worry, mom!" haha! anyway, the did prett well!
mmmmm........!
Very proud of themselves!

0 comments: