On Friday Cris chalked up another year, bringing his grand total now to 35! I was really sad to be so far away, and not able to celebrate his birthday.
but some of his co-workers and students were looking out for him and had this delicious cake.
i'm sure it will embarass him that I'm writing a post all about him in celebration of his birthday, but since i'm the one who primarily writes on this blog, I figure i can write about whatever I want!
So here are some things I have really appreciated and loved about Cris over the last year:
So here are some things I have really appreciated and loved about Cris over the last year:
I've probably mentioned this before (or maybe like 100 times) but he can fix ANYTHING! Cars, trucks, washing machines, dishwashers, cameras, computers...you name it, he can fix it. sometimes it takes a little time, and a little frustration, but in the end whatever it is that was broken somehow works again.
He is a HUGE support during a difficult last few years. Not only did Cris leave the continental U.S. to move to Hawaii, but he continues to be completely sacrificial and supportive during a difficult residency. He gets up extra early to drive me to work on the way to his job, and then often ends up waiting over an hour for me to finish up at the hospital so we can drive home together.
Cris is FUN and makes the best of any situation. There is no one i have a better time with or enjoy spending my free time with.
Not to mention he is incredibly hard working, ambitious, level-headed, faithful, and thoughtful. Am i lucky, or what?!
So, now that i have thoroughly embarassed my husband, check out what bloomed in our yard last week! We have had these little pineapple plants growing for almost 2 years. They've gotten really big, but no signs of any little pineapples until last week, when Cris saw this little guy starting to pop up! Finally!





1 comments:
Happy Birthday, Cris!
Post a Comment