What an awesome weekend! I had high expectations for a really fun and wonderful weekend, and it was better than i had even hoped for. In spite of the fact that Cris came to Ohio carrying some sort of nasty Tropical Flu Virus, he had a great visit also. I'm so glad that we decided to make it work for him to come, even if it was a short visit.
In the bad news area, we had our digital camera and video camer stolen from Cris' checked luggage somewhere between Honolulu and Detroit. Crazy. I guess it is a bigger problem than i realized, because after doing some internet research about what we should do, i found that TSA has over 2,100 claims/month filed for missing items in luggage. I don't think there is much that can be done, but we will still try to file a report.
But not to worry, because we had an amazing weekend anyway. I will try to post some pictures in the next couple of days from our shower that Cris' mom took with her digital camera.
Anyway, the highlights of the weekend:
1. Hanging with the Matus gang in Toledo. I'm not sure who was more worn out after hours of playing really hard, Cris, or Alex, Lyndsey and Brent. They played hard for a couple of days straight!
2. An awesome baby shower hosted by Cris' Grandma, Mom and Sister at Grandma and Grandpa Stickley's farm! We were overwhelmed by the generosity and good wishes and prayers from our friends and family who came to support us and our new little family! We are beyond grateful that we both have amazing families and extended families who really love and care about us. THANK YOU!!!! We also got the chance to visit the little Potsdam Missionary Church, who has been following along our adoption journey. We really appreciate the prayers and support from our extended church family!
So I am down to only 10 days before i return to the Island of Aloha! I can't wait! As soon as i get home i will be starting in on 8 weeks of Night Float (6 p.m. to 8 a.m. Sunday through Friday!) Fortunately, I don't really mind working nights at all, although the downside is that Cris and I often go days without even seeing eachother since our schedules are completely criss-crossed. But the bright side is that i have every Saturday off. Also, hopefully it will help the last 10 weeks of pregnancy fly by! By the time i am finished with night float i will be 38 weeks! I can't believe it! I've finally crossed over into the Third Trimester! Whooo-hooooo!!! I'm optimistic that things will continue to go really smoothly. I am loving pretty much every part of being pregnant right now, so hopefully things will stay really good as long as possible!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
weekend recap
Posted by Cris and Em at 10:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment