I have very mixed feelings about returning to work next week. In a way I am looking forward to going back. It's my senior year of residency, afterall. The countdown is on. So many, many years of hardwork are about to come to an end (well, sortof). I like my job, for the most part. I like the fast pace, and the variety of patients. I like pregnant women (usually!), and I love surgery. BUT i'm sure going to miss my baby girls. I just wish the days weren't so crazy long. I am dreading the feelings of guilt after being away for 12 or 14 hours (or even 24 hours some days). I'm dreading the girls learning new things and growing up without me being there. I hate the idea of them crying when I can't hold them and kiss them. I hate it that they might just want to be with their mom, and I won't be there.
There are many things i'm grateful for, though. I am so thankful that Cris is such an amazing dad. He is so interactive with the girls, and has energy that i could only wish for. I don't think he ever gets tired of throwing them in the air. I have my sister at home, and the girls adore her. I have in-home child care, which is such a blessing. I will try to focus on these things when I am feeling down about work.
And, when June 2009 roles around, residency will be over and real life will start, and the girls won't even be two years old yet. We will have lots of time to make up for this painful year ahead of us.
And, of course, what is a post without pictures?
This one is a little misleading. I think Juneau was actually touching Nova accidentally, and it lasted about the amount of time it took the camera to flash. But isn't it soooooo cute?
Daddy and sweet Nova baby
"No elbows on the table, mom....but what about feet?" Juneau always tends to prop a foot up wherever she is. The highchair is no exception.



2 comments:
It's so hard to leave your babies. I was in college when our first was born and it was so hard to return to school and send him to day care. You'll be fine though. Your babies will be fine. You'll get through the year and wonder why you stressed about it at all! Good luck and many prayers for the year ahead.
Dania
You are so lucky to have in-home daycare and an awesome husband. The girls will do great--even though I know you would rather be with them :)
congrats on the last year of residency! WHOO HOO!
Post a Comment