The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

cold, i mean really really cold.

by the time i made it to work his morning it was 8 degrees BELOW zero! Seriously, people, this is craziness! I can barely stand to even set foot outside the front door! I am getting some serious cabin fever (or as my mom call it "caged animal").

I do want to say a sincere thank you for all of the heartfelt concern about my blood pressure. I have gotten emails, comments, phone calls, and letters checking in on me. I don't have much of an update. I did start some medication last week, but i haven't checked my BP since i've been on the new med. I feel really good though, so maybe it is working. anyway, now that i am really concious about my BP I have been able to really be aware of the times i am getting overwhelmed and stressed out, and i am trying to take a step back and relax when i realize it is happening. I am also really watching my sodium intake (although i have never been a salt-lover), and quit caffeine cold turkey. so, i'll let you know how things look when i finally get around to taking my BP.

So, enough about boring old Blood Pressure....let's talk about adorable baby girls! The cutie pies are doing well. Nova has been a bit challening the last couple of weeks, as she has figured out how to throw a fit. what's really funny, though, is as soon as she starts up with the fit, she heads straight over to the time out mat and plops herself down. We don't have to say a word. It's a little sequence:
1. Nova starts crying over something silly
2. she head over to the time out mat
3. she cries for a couple of minutes
4. she announces "happy"
5. she head back out ot the living room to play.
In other news, as was inevitable, the magic of the magic bracelet has started to wear off. they still want bracelets before bed, but then Juneau starts the "mama, mama" chant and crying just a few minutes after bed.
However, I have discovered the Parental Secret Weapon - The Guilt Trip. One night i told juneau "mommy is sooooo sad when you cry at night. When you go to sleep without crying it makes mom so happy! so try really hard not to cry, so mommy will be happy not sad".
not a peep out of that kiddo after the pep talk.
Juneau started playing a funny game this week. she tucks her hand up in her sleeve then tries to get you to look inside her sleeve, and pops her hand out and tickles you. Here she is in the midst of the trick.
Love these girls...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very soon now little Nova will be able to be tutored by none other than the fit master- HOPIE! Then, she will learn the true effects of an awsomely, and dramatically thrown fit! Love, MOM