Life is just a bit overwhelming here. I started back to work after 4 months of priceless time at home with my babies. My first day was Jan 1, and I was on call...nothing like starting off with a bang. Before my shift technically even started I was called in for a delivery! It was definitely fun to catch a baby after such a long break. Starting a new job is always so tough though....i feel clueless about the computer system, and the civilian medical system, and insurance, and everything! I hate running behind, but it is pretty much inevitable at this point. So I am sure you will understand why I haven't posted for a couple of weeks!
I have a few days under my belt though, so hopefully i can squeeze in some more blogging time!
Now prepare yourselves for the giant photo dump that is the Saccenti Family Christmas!
Biggest Cousin and Littlest Cousin
Decorating the Christmas Tree (note Sassy Juneau Pose)
This is Classic Juneau Craziness
Grandma invited the girls to sing in 2 songs at the Church Christmas program. they were so cute, and took it so seriously (especially since they missed their school program)
{insert your own caption} HAHA!

Juneau ADORES her Aunt Bets, and loves to talk about when Aunt Bets lived with us when Juneau was just a baby. She feels a special bond with Betsy, and it's super sweet
Fun at the Carousel!
We have several odd Christmas traditions. One of them is a Christmas Eve Bonfire. This year we included dressing up as a living nativity, and having a little play by the fire....complete with Mary, Joseph, and a real live baby Jesus
The Cast
Totally creepy picture of our little angels by the bonfire
And another creepy photo of Mary by the fire
Our Wise'mon'
This angel enjoyed several toasty marshmallows
Sisters (and also cast members of the nativity)...who says the wisemen didn't have waist length dreadlocks?
Of course there was some "Wii" Just Dance action. You can also see some of the amazing Christmas decorations Grandma had put up. Grandpa made the comment he felt like he was living in a gigantic wreath! :)
There was a snowstorm...and SLEDDING! (I didn't include pictures of the day before the snowstorm when we actually went sledding on wet grass)
One of Santa's biggest hits was their own bottle of "pop"
Jude certainly got his share of attention
ahhh....the scowl
Cris and I can't help but bust into full on laughter at this picture, every single time we look at it. I took this pic on my cell at steak n shake, and then I asked Nova why she was making a weird face. In total seriousness she said "Oh man! I thought I was make a really COOL face!"
Another funny Nova comment...
"Dad is so much better at putting on goggles than you. I'm sorry, mom. I didn't say that to hurt your feelings, I just said it because it's true".
I guess I can't argue with that!
Aunt D meets Jude (and what better place than Skyline!)
A funny Aunt D story too...On the airplane from Phoenix to Honolulu, there was as lady behind us (whom we accidentally spilled an entire sprite on at one point in the flight). We were chit-chatting, and found out she was from Ohio...It was hard to miss that we were from Ohio since all 3 of the kids were decked out in OSU gear from head to toe. Anyway, we found out she was from the same small town as Aunt Donova, AND she actually knows Aunt D! How crazy is that :)
There was enough snow to hit the slopes this year! Also a favorite tradition. Cris and Kyle actually when late-night skiing/boarding one night and had tons of fun!
At the end of the trip we had EIGHT pieces of gigantic luggage to check back to Hawaii! Somehow we got everything checked in, and it arrived safely in Hawaii...and only two of the pieces ended up with a "Suspect" sticker from TSA :)
Whew! I think that's it! Finally caught up...now off to bed and hopefully between a hungry 4 month old, and a weekend on call this tired mama can catch a few zzzzz's!



























0 comments:
Post a Comment