The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Life is Good

It's a good thing my New Year's Resolution wasn't to update the blog more frequently....because I would have already failed! haha! 

We are happily trucking along in 2013.  I am LOVING my new job! Although I am on call more frequently (Every Tues and Friday, and every 3rd weekend), I take call from home, and have only had to actually go in a handful of times so far.  We live about 20-25 minutes from the hospital, so that does make me a bit anxious...in fact, I have already *missed* my first delivery (I was called 5 minutes before the baby was born...even the ER doc didn't make it upstairs to L&D in time).  But for the most part it is fabulous. My office hours don't start until 9, so the mornings aren't too hectic trying to get everyone out of the house...and....the best part is that I have Wednesdays off! whoohoo!!! It feels amazing to have the work week broken up, and a whole day to putz around and do "mommy" stuff.  After all of the debating about what job to choose, I feel incredibly thankful that I made this choice.

This week Jude went for his first hiking trip.  I think he looks an awfully lot like his Daddy in this picture - I guess it's mostly that they are making the same facial expression.

And thank goodness Cris is wearing sunglasses in this picture, in an effort to cover The Worst Case of Pink Eye Mankind Has Ever Seen.  Incidentally this pink eye incident has come during a couple of weeks where our health insurance lapsed (in between military and civilian health care). So Cris' friendly neighborhood gynecologist (aka his wife) has been managing his pink eye (thankfully with the long distance consultation of his friendly Family Medicine Doctor, aka his sister). Lets just say by the time I prescribed his THIRD antibiotic I was ready come after his eyeball with a bottle of lysol in an attempt to kill whatever stubborn organism was still lingering.  Thankfully the eye must have trembled at the thought of the lysol, because it has suddenly started to look better after a full 8 days of torture.

Meanwhile, we are so happy to have made friends with the PA who works at my office, who has a little girl about Nova's age, and a 2 year old boy.  Her husband is the adventurous/outdoorsy type, and I have already caught him and Cris discussing an elaborate plan that involves rapelling down the side of the Koolau Mountains to explore what appears to be an entrance to a cave. 
Here you can see the girls with their new friend, Arie.

All 4 kids took about 10 turns each jumping off this rock to Cris.  He definitely got his work-out that day!
Enjoying Dinner out on the lanai (and excited to share some dinners on the lanai with Grampa, Gramma, and Mammaw in a couple of weeks!!)
This is a look at our bed in the mornings. I'm not quite sure where Cris and I squeeze in to this picture, but I usually find myself wedged between the edge of the bed and the portable Crib, and Cris is wedged on the otherside between the edge of the bed and the nightstand.
Finally a big, big smile from our sweetie pie.  Jude is such an easy-going, delightful little boy, and now that he has been playing, giggling, and smiling it is even more fun to hang out with him!
 
Stay tuned for Judes 5 month update, and Juneau's FIFTH Referral Day post!

1 comments:

ginadewitt said...

Poor Cris! His pink eye - for 8 straight days - must have been pretty miserable!! On the upside, I absolutely LOVE your pictures of the kids asleep in your bed. So sweet!