The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

can you tell this mama is an Obstetrician?

Our blog has certainly become a "baby-book" of sorts over the last 5 years....And I just can't resist documenting the newest Stickley Baby from the beginning of his or her little life.  I found out I was pregnant quite early...I was only about 4.5 weeks when I was ordering some routine bloodwork for  myself, and I decided to throw a pregnancy test in since i was getting other bloodwork done.  I must say i was just a wee bit surprised when it came back positve! So of course I promptly had to see exactly what was going on...
This is the very first look at a tiny little 4.5 week Stickley Baby...Can't see much of anything just yet :) In doctor-y terms, this is a "Gestational Sac"
I waited a very long week until i took a second look, and here we see a "gestational sac" and a tiny little "Yolk Sac" (the bright white circle) - 5.5 weeks
I knew I probably wouldn't be able to see the baby until about 6 weeks...and so I waited another week, and here is the "gestational sac", the "yolk sac" and a tiny "fetal pole"
To make it even more exciting i was able to catch a heart beat on this day :)

Now about 7 weeks aglong, the fetus is getting bigger!
After spending a couple of weeks in Hawaii I was able to see so much more on the next ultrasound (about 11 weeks). You can see a head, a tiny army, and a body! The baby was starting to move around at this point on the ultrasound
And 12.5 weeks...looking much more clearly defined! The baby is wiggling around, with a lovely heartbeat, and looking awesome!

Probably not the most interesting post to most of our readers, :) but I just couldn't resist the chance to document the very very early days of this newest addition! can you tell we are excited!??!! 

4 comments:

Becca, Brad, and Julian said...

This post is exciting to me! So cool!! What a GREAT way to track baby Stickley from the beginning! So cool - and so excited for you!

margaret said...

As a long time faithful reader, but infrequent commenter, I just had to say that this post is monumentally interesting!!! I hope you continue to document newest Stickley as he/she develops!

Anonymous said...

I have followed you since your first referral...once in a great while I comment - but I have to say, I think your latest news is very exciting and interesting to follow! Congratulations to the whole gang! I know the newest addition will be in good company!

Best wishes from the Larson family,
Linda (Steve, Sadie and Sophie)

Nutkin said...

Awesome! Although not OB/GYN, there are a lot of geeks in the family to celebrate this tiny, new, individual life.