The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

a long weekend ahead!

Today was the start of a long weekend (no work on monday! whoohooo!!).  We are looking forward to celebrating easter morning tomorrow, and having a lovely easter dinner with friends from our small group. 
This week we had some very odd weather. Last weekend we ahd sunny days near 80 degrees, and I thought winter was over, so i put away all the cold weather gear.  Juneau had a soccer game on Monday, and when i woke up monday morning, it was freezing FREEZING cold with strong winds.  I took her to the game, hoping to show up and find out it was cancelled, but no such luck. The 4 year olds were out on the field, shivering and crying with frozen snot coming out of their noses. I did pretty gooed finding some cold weather gear for Juneau to wear, but unfortunately, i forgot her gloves.  Nova and I huddled up under a couple of blankets, and i began to seriously question my dedication as a soccer mom.
Here's the poor little soccer player all huddled up, waiting for her turn on the field.
\
 
On Tuesday, Things were only worse, and I woke up to snow dusting the yard, there were snow flurries, and then full on winter snow by tuesday night. Things started to look up, however, and thankfully the sun has decided to come back around.

I hadn't yet posted pictures of the girls first trip to the Melting Pot.  We took them while Cris was home, when we told them about the new baby.  The giant vat of melted chocolate was pretty much a little slice of heaven for theses sweet lovers. As Juneau always says when she is eating one of her favorite sugary snacks "I better be careful or I'm gonna get a sweet tooth!".
Loving the Meling Pot!

Last weekend I took the girls to an Easter egg hunt at work. They were just so stinking cute, and had so much fun at the egg hunt.  Aren't they adorable here with our friendly Volunteer Easter Bunny?!


And finally, I was able to document the moment Juneau tried her very first Cadbury egg. She actually shrieked when she hit the creamy center!!!

0 comments: