I LOVE Father's Day!!! I am absolutely surrounded by amazing examples of what it means to be a great dad, and it is awesome to have a day to recognize the dads of the world :)
Happy Father's Day to my own amazing Dad. Smart, Funny, Selfless, and an all-around fantastic Dad.
And a Happy Father's Day to Cris' Dad, Denny! I could not have imagined marrying into a more amazing family. Denny welcomed me as a Stickley with wide open arms, and has played such a huge part in our family (Juneau loves to tell the story how Mommy couldn't go to Vietnam, but Grandpa and Grandpa flew a loooong loooong way on an airplane to get her)
The girls actually "slept-in" this morning, and didn't make it over to our bed until about 7:15. We made a family trip to Starbucks, where Nova gorged herself on her very own Apple Fritter, and Juneau managed to eat all the frosting (and none of the bread) on her Lemond Bread. We bummed around the house, and then headed to Denver to hook up with some friends for an afternoon of swimming and fun.
I cannot BELIEVE I managed to go the entire day without getting a picture of Cris and his girls, but I somehow pulled it off. So instead I will post the girls Father's Day card, which totally cracks me up. I asked the girls several questions about their dad, and recorded their answers word for word. Juneau's answers are first, and Nova's are second (in italics)
What
is something Daddy always says to you?
I
LOVE YOU BUG
I LOVE YOU
WHEN I DISOBEY
WHEN I CRY
SUPERSTRONG
HE CAN CARRY TWO GIRLS ON HIS SHOULDERS. AND HE CAN CARRY ME AND BABY JUDE AND SISSY AND I THINK HE PROBABLY COULD LIFT UP MOM
HE CAN CARRY TWO GIRLS ON HIS SHOULDERS. AND HE CAN CARRY ME AND BABY JUDE AND SISSY AND I THINK HE PROBABLY COULD LIFT UP MOM
WHEN
I LOVE HIM SO MUCH
WHEN HE SEES A BIG SMILE ON MY
FACE
How
does Daddy make you laugh?
BEING
SILLY
BY TICKLING ME AND ZERBERTING ME
BY TICKLING ME AND ZERBERTING ME
I DON’T KNOW HOW OLD GROWNUPS ARE
I DON’T KNOW. LIKE AS OLD AS A
PRINCE\
What
is Daddy’s favorite thing to do?
GO
SWIMMING IN THE POOL WITH ME
PLAY WITH ME
HUGGING AND KISSING
CARRYING ME AND BRINGING ME TO
PLACES AND LETTING ME WEAR DRESSES A LOT
SWIMMING IN A VERY
WORK WITH TOOLS
TEACH
What is your Dad’s favorite food?
PEAS.
AND HE LOVES RAVIOLI
CINNAMON ROLLS
WE
HAVE BLACK HAIR AND BROWN EYES
WE EAT THE
SAME FOOD
HE HAS FUR AND I DON’T
HE LOOKS BIGGER THAN ME AND THAT
IS ALL
I
love Daddy Because….
I LOVE HIM SO MUCH, I CANT REALLY
TELL
HES A
SWEET PRINCE





0 comments:
Post a Comment