Let's start this post off by taking a look at our Jude baby. I guess being a physician has a couple of perks when it comes to my own pregnancy, primarily getting lots of 3D ultrasounds :) Because of my blood pressure, I have an ultrasound monthly at the MFM (maternal-fetal-medicine) office. The ultrasound techs are super super friendly, and even though there is really no indication to be taking 3D face shots of Baby Jude, I always leave with several 'just for fun' pictures.
He certainly loves to rest with his hand by his face, and this is the picture we get about 95% of the time.
*a little 'technical talk' follows - just trying to document and remember things about the pregnancy*
Things are still going 'pretty well' with my pregnancy. At this appointment the MFM doctor seemed to be getting a bit concerned about some warning signs for preeclampsia. Jude's head is still measuring >90%, but his abdominal growth is starting to lag (now about 30%). My blood pressure has been getting higher, and I have been developing some protein in my urine....overall not terribly concerning, but still all indicators of the possible development of preeclampsia. The MFM even mentioned the dreaded word "bedrest". I really REALLY don't want to go on bedrest during this pregnancy. I am scheduled very heavily (lots of nights and weekends) to be on call to make up for all of the time i will be missing with the delivery and my postpartum leave, and I don't want to leave the department short-handed. I am also concerned about what that would mean for my plans to travel to Hawaii for the delivery. I am trying to stay healthy and Cris has been enforcing a pretty strict "bedrest after work" policy in an attempt to ward off the old preeclampsia. For now I am getting weekly bloodwork, and monitoring my blood pressures, and crossing my fingers to make it through the next 2 months so i can travel to Hawaii as planned.
Nova is fully into her "little mommy" persona. This dolly is named "tiny little baby", or TLB for short. TLB is a totally beat up, rather nasty plastic dolly that my mom gave them on one of their visits to play with in the tub since the dolly was already in rather bad shape. TLB has been Nova's favorite dolly for some time now, in spite of the fact she now has 1 eyeball that has rusted and looks like it is permanently bleeding.
Tball is going pretty good. We did miss a few games with the Ohio trip, but the girls were ready to jump right back in on Wednesday. We also got their team pictures, which are just the cutest ever. Nova still loves the game, and gives it 100%. I would say Juneau gives about a 40% effort about 50% of the time :) It is definitely better than soccer, however, so for that i am thankful!
Nova even gets into the High Five line after the game...
Juneau taking off for first base after her hit...
And Juneau giving her high fives after the game
Great hit, bug!
A little Nova-Jo up to bat!
In spite of the fact that we NEVER put money in these machines, the girls still like to climb up and pretend that they are riding.
Sister snuggles at nap time. The girls have this funny little thing they will say to eachother while they are playing.
Nova: Sissies?
Juneau: Sissies Forever!!
And finally, the highlight of the summer sports adventures....Swim Lessons!!! so proud of these two girls in the pool! they have been fearless, and even Nova has been doing amazing! I'm really glad we were able to squeeze in some swim lessons before the big move back to Hawaii!















0 comments:
Post a Comment