The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 195 / 2 To Go: By request...

Posted by: Aunt Coral





Finally...a beautiful sunrise to begin a sunny day in Kaneohe!







Painting has become a favorite pasttime for these budding artists this week. We transitioned from water colors to water-washable poster paints.





I think the favorite part is opening and closing the paint pots after each color!















Since it was such a sunny day, I proposed the beach. I was outvoted, however, in favor of the "playground". We set out to find a different playground, and found this "old school" park, complete with METAL play structures and slide.







Nova wanted to bring some of the beach toys, and pushed the truck across a great expanse of grass...







One sissy in a swing...






Another sissy in a swing...












Alex and Lyndsey requested that I write a blog post while I'm here, so this picture is for you guys. One of my favorite memories of my daughters as toddlers is their obsession with getting into a baby swing together. They would spend hours (it seemed) swinging together, back to back, as I pushed them. In fact, not so long ago (last summer?), they had to prove that they could still get into a baby swing together, and nearly had to be extracted by the jaws of life!


Two sissies in a swing!













































Pretending to take a spaceship to Alaska:











Cris has been fretting all week about getting his grass mowed before we leave tomorrow. Fortunately, the weather cooperated today, and now it will only be 3 months between mowings by the time he gets back, instead of 3 months and 1 week!







He then took advantage of his freshly-cut lawn to play with his favorite toy, his drone!









Brent, this is the ultimate in remote control, with a sonar that keeps is hovering at a specified height, and a camera to show you exactly where you are going...I would consider getting one for you, but you need an ipod touch to control it, so...








Video with express purpose of making Tim jealous of Cris' lawn space to operate his droid:




Cool, Daddy! Can we try it!?







Nova dressing up for halloween as a pirate:










Juneau with the measles:

















Brett will be caring for the house (and more specifically, the dogs) while Cris is back East, and has his list of tasks for the summer. I think he is relieved that his biomechanics final is over; his professor was really tough, and wouldn't give him the answer key!




Thanks, Juneau and Nova, for a fun-filled week! I can't believe that tomorrow we will be getting on a plane to head back to O-H- I-O...and more importantly to M-O-M-M-Y!!








What sweet young ladies you have become! So smart and fun and caring. I feel privileged to have shared a few days with you this week.








I really mean it when I say, "Stop growing" so fast!




1 comments:

Dania Efird said...

I cannot wait for tomorrow to get up and hopefully hear that you are all reunited! 6 months of praying for you guys is coming to fruition! Just saw a Chevy coming home commercial and know that your reunion will be SO much better than the one that just made me tear up!!