The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 197: Worth the Wait!!

Posted by: Cris

















14 comments:

Emily said...

What a beautiful reunion - and the family photo brings tears to my eyes. Congratulations!

Dania Efird said...

So worth the wait! Thanks for sharing!! So happy that your family is back together again! Thank you so much for your sacrifices Emilie!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful beautiful!! Thank you so much for letting us blog readers follow along. I've loved reading your story for the past two years, and am so glad you're back together again. I hope you have a blessed weekend reconnecting!!

Anonymous said...

Soooo happy you are home safe with your family! Thank you for serving and for making the sacrifaces that go along with that. Your girls and hubby must be elated to wake up today!!! Enjoy - you deserve it! Don't forget to celebrate a li'l ones bday!!! Linda Larson and family

Anonymous said...

Ah, I am crying! So happy for your family's reunion and that Emilie made it home safely.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. This whole post made me grin. I'm so happy everyone is happily back together and Emilie made home safe.
God bless your beautiful family~
- Kirstie Bikakis

Donna said...

I am so very happy for your family!! As I look at your pictures of your wonderful reunion I have tears streaming down my face. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be separated from my kids and my husband. You are a very brave woman Emilie! And Cris you are a extremely brave man to be the Dad and Mom to two toddler girls. My hats off to both of you! So glad that you all are together again. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your blog with me. Emily you truly are a blessing, thanks for serving our country. Chris you did a great job with the girls. You are truly a blessing. So glad that you are reunited again.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Well, I'm smiling and crying at the same time. So excited that you guys are all back together now... as a family should be. Thank you just doesn't sound like enough, Emilie, but I mean it from the bottom of my heart. (And that thank you goes out to all of our military men and women, as well as their families.) Cris, you rock!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Emilie, and so glad you guys are all together again!

Laurie said...

I'm so happy you are all together!!! Made me tear up.

Katie Belle said...

Even though it's been over a year since she got back, I was still so excited to make it to this post when you all were finally reunited!

Katie Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.