The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Aloha Friday!!!

"Aloha friday" is an often used  phrase on a typical Friday afternoon in Hawaii.  In fact, there's even a song played on the radio called "Aloha Friday".  But never has Aloha Friday felt so good! Somehow, by the grace of God, I survived the packing/moving process.  Before i was placed on bedrest, my schedule had me working Wed night (with packers coming all day Thursday), and then working Thursday night (with movers coming all day Friday). soooo....basically that would mean no sleep for 3 days straight! I seriously think i would have had a stroke if I had tried to pull that off. Seriously.
So in spite of the fact that moving day is always hard, i found myself being thankful that at least i was well rested, and also that I didn't have to actually pack or move anything.....I just bossed the movers around from the Lazy Boy :)
Anyway, moving is completed, and tomorrow morning I board a flight for Hawaii!!!! I seriously CAN NOT WAITTTT!!!!!

I had a doctor's appointment today, and completed some labs, and fetal monitoring. I was so thankful that everything looked great.  My labs are stable, my blood pressures are "decent", and Jude looked happy and healthy on the monitor.  I felt incredibly reassured with the good results, and it relieved a lot of the fears I was having about the flight.  I still have a sense of anxiety about having a pregnancy related complication in the air,  half-way across the Pacific, but seeing how good everything looked definitely helped put some of that anxiety into perspective, and I am feeling much better about the trip.

Anyway, things sound like they are going great for the girls at school. Both of the girls really seem to like being in an organized learning setting, and even though it's just the first week, I think the year is going to go better than I imagined! I am super excited for them, and excited to see how much they will learn and grow and change this year.

Next Post from Paradise :)

0 comments: