School doesn't start until Tuesday but already Juneau had homework to do. Last week at orientation day, Ms. Ramirez gave the class an assignment to make and decorate their own slipper after they read a book about all kinds of "slippa's". So, tonight we sat down and got the construction paper and pipe cleaners out of the homework folder that had been sent home from school and got to work.
It took about 10 seconds before Nova came running over and said "Can I do homework too?"
I explained that I didn't have enough pipe cleaner for both so hers wouldn't be able to have straps but she set to work anyway.
Luckily, Juneau's only needed half the length of pipe cleaner so we still had some left for Nova which made her so happy she kept saying "Oh thank you daddy! You are the best daddy! I'm so glad you're my daddy!"
So, Juneau's first ever homework assignment is now done and clearly we will be doing a fair amount of "double homework" this year since Nova kept checking with me to affirm over and over:
"So everyday when Juneau has homework, I can join in too, right?"
On one note of not so good news: Emilie was assigned to work 12 hour day shifts all weekend. By the time today came, she started feeling sick and spiking really high blood pressures. This is one of 3 things - 1. Response from 3 days of working not stop while 34 weeks pregnant; 2. A sign that she just needs an adjustment to her blood pressure medicine toward the end of pregnancy which is possible or 3. The beginning of the dreaded pre-eclampsia.
We'll see in the next day or so what happens but your continued prayers for Emilie and Jude are appreciated.






0 comments:
Post a Comment