Cris and I were discussing Black Friday, and reminiscing about his first Black Friday with my family, before we were even married. Circa 2003, my entire family crammed into our 80's style conversion van. My dad had schematics of Best Buy for each of us, along with a list of designated items. Our rendevous point had been identified, and my dad rolled up along the side of Best Buy and without even stopping the side door of the conversion van was opened, and we were released into the madness. And still, somehow, I convinced Cris to marry me :)
Fast forward and Black Friday is still totally crazy...just in a really, really different kind of way. We started at the planetarium with Tim/Beth/Melody, and we had invited Melody over for the day (and hopefully a slumber party overnight). When we got home from the plantarium, I found out that our neighbor, Henry's mom was quite sick, so I invited Henry over for the day also, so his mom could rest. I then heard from some of our friends who recently moved to the island, and ended up inviting their gang (which included 2 more kids!) over for dinner. So by the time 8 p.m. rolled around we had a full house, with 6 kids (plus 1 baby!) running at full speed! It was a whole new kind of Black Friday Chaos, and at 1 point I was kind of wishing I had a stash of Xanax to pass out to the adults....but I have to admit it's been a total blast! And now Juneau, Nova, and Melody are all tucked into their slumber party watching a movie, and Jude is fast asleep, and all is peaceful :)
On to the pictures...
Nova wanted to wear a "pretty princess dress" out for Thanksgiving dinner.
Jude has been giggling up a storm in the mornings. From about 6 a.m. until 7 a.m. he wakes up and loves to lay in bed with us and play and giggle. Here you can see his little dimple. Nova is SUPER excited that he has a dimple like hers!
The girls have been learning about Thanksgiving (I won't get into the history lesson Nova and I had in the car regarding Squanto vs. Tonto....let's just say I might have gotten the names of the historical figure and Lone Ranger's side kick just a little bit mixed up). This week at school they had a pow-wow that the parents were invited to attend, which was really cute!
Cris believes this is legitimate evidence that Jude is going to take after his dad, his Uncle Casey, and his Grandpa Stickley, and be a Leftie. He definitely prefers his left hand, but I'm not sure that at the age of 11 weeks we can really say for sure :)
The garage playroom is coming along quite nicely. The girls helped out with priming the doors/walls after the drywalling.
We had a great Thanksgiving celebration with the Hamilton Gang. Many moons (and 4 children) ago, we joined Tim and Beth for their Thanksgiving Tradition of dinner at Gordon Biersch. Melody came along shortly after we arrived on the island, and we continued the Thanksgiving tradition. Then there was Juneau, Nova, and now Jude. This year Beths cousins also joined us, and by now we have quite the crew at the Gordon Biersch Thanksgiving. We all enjoyed the traditional turkey dinner plate (exept for Melody, who had the traditional thanksgiving macaroni and cheese!)
It is not very frequently these days that I catch them holding hands spontaneously....but i love it when they do!
Gordon Biersch wasn't exactly crowded....in fact, it was really quite dead, but the girls kep things lively with a 1st Grade rendition of Jingle Bells (i'm pretty sure something about Batman Smells was in there, and it really cracked them up!)
Still Singing...l.
Taking a short break between singing/giggling
There was also some ring around the rosey
And what Thanksgiving dinner is complete without some time on the smartphones?
Nova was happy to snuggle up and read to her brother this morning
Melody definitely wanted to get in on the baby action
And there was some Just Dance on the Wii...no one has told nova that you don't score extra points for facial expressions!
A tiny glimpse at the craziness going on in the house
Finally Cris tucked everyone in for a movie
Sippy cups, popcorn, a big bed in the living room, and Alvin and the Chipmunks....life is good!




















0 comments:
Post a Comment