The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Not a lot going on...

It's been a bit boring around here. We are settling into our groove, and getting adjusted to everyone's schedules. In fact, I was feeling so good about how smoothly things have been going, that I signed the girls up for Gymnastics.  After a couple of weeks of gymnastics, I was still feeling ambitious, so I signed them up for Piano lessons.  The day after I enrolled them in the lessons, I realized we don't have a piano. Or a keybord. Or anything of the sort. The closest we can get is probably some sort of app to download for the ipad.  So, I cancelled the piano lessons until we are able to find a piano! :)
 
The girls have been getting along much better the last couple of days.  There is still a lot of whining going on, but not nearly as much mean behavior, and I guess I would take whining over plain meanness. Well, maybe....it's a pretty close call...they are both terribly annoying.
Anyway, things are getting better, and we are working on Nova pronouncing Juneau's name with only 2 syllables (imagine a very whiny four year old saying Junoooo-oooo-oooo).
 
In all seriousness, though, they really are amazing kids, and we are nearly out of the current funk of not getting along.
 
This week Juneau fed Jude a bottle for the first time. And she did it in style!
 We also had to rid the lanai of the rotting pumpkins, and the girls got a kick out of Cris throwing them into the gulley by the house and watching them splat.
 Nova continues to think it's hilarious to try to fit into Jude's baby items.   I think she has gotten more enjoyment out of this little chair then Jude has!
Our little Miss Patriotism (Nova) has absolutely loved the Veteran's day holiday.  She is thrilled to have a couple of Veteran's in the family, and has been chattering about how all the moms and dads didn't have to go to work, and all the children got to stay home from school to celebrate the "American Soldiers" (that's what she calls anyone in the military).  Nova is also obsessed with the "hungry hungry children". This has stemmed from the food drive at her school. She has been through the pantry several times collecting items, and we could barely haul the 2 bags of food she collected into her classroom.  She wanted to take an entire Turkey, but that's where I had to draw the line. 
 
In exciting news, we are now ticketed passengers from Honolulu to Ohio (well, technically Detroi) for a 2 week Tour De Ohio over the holidays, and we can't wait!!!!As much as I dislike the snow, I am hoping for a very white Christmas for the girls this year!!

0 comments: