The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Back Home!

Jude and I are back from our Colorado trip, with an Honorable Discharge Certificate in hand!! I have such mixed feelings about ending my time in the Army.  I am thrilled that I no longer will have the threat of a return trip to Afghanistan hanging over my head, but my time as an Army Doctor has truly been amazing, and I will miss taking care of Soldiers and their families.  It is strange to be closing this chapter of my life, as I have been an Army Doctor for as long as I have been a doctor, as long as I have been a wife, and as long as I have been a mom.  It is definitely incorporated into who I am , and i does feel odd to not have that part of my identity. 
 
This is Jude enjoying our flight :) 
 He was suh a great baby, and truthfully this is how he spent about 90% of the time in the air....
 The girls love playing with him, especially now that he is making eye contact, and interacting a bit more.
 There has been a recent obsession with chopsticks around here. They love to try to eat their rice and teriyaki chicken with chopsticks.
 My sister, Becky, sent me this chopstick trainer several years back (you can see it is a little pink plastic girl that sticks on the end of the chopsticks). "chopstick girl" has become quite popular!
 more playtime with Jude
 Jude in some of his Winter Weather gear...
 One of the best parts of the trip was a quick visit from my brother Drew, and his beautiful new wife, Kristie.  Drew and Kristie were soooo kind to offer to drive the van from colorado to seattle to ship to hawaii (I can't tell you how excited I am to have the van back! We have been squeezing 3 carseats in the back of the prius, and it's a TIGHT fit!)
 Although I had only 1 short day with Drew/Kristie in Colorado, we made the most of it!
 Jude and Drew spending some quality time watching TV in the hotel.
 Unfortunately a very sick little Nova put a bit of a damper on the weekend.  Poor thing woke up feeling a bit under the weather on Sunday morning, and by the time we made it to the grocery store for some sunday shopping, she was in full sicky-sicky mode (we were made aware of this by her massive vomiting episode in the store!). Poor little thing has been fighting off a high fever since Sunday afternoon, and has pretty much been just lounging around watching the Disney Channel and playing on the computer...I'm partly worried she's going to want to be sick every day! :)
 And finally a picture of baby Jude doing what he does best!
I think he's so cute all swaddled up in his little blankie!

1 comments:

Susan said...

Emilie, thank you so much for your service to our country. You and all veterans have my deepest gratitude. Your kiddos are all adorable and I love popping in when I can to see what's happening with you guys! Love all the photos, too.