The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Jude - 2 month update

Jude is 8 weeks old today. I rapidly fell into the "3rd baby trap", and already missed his official 1 month update! I recently looked back into some of the girls' early updates, and I really loved reading about all the little things they did as babies, so I felt motivated to write down some of Jude's special early memories. This blog has been our baby book, and I want to be sure to remember these times!
 


Dear Sweet Jude,
I blinked my eyes, and you are two months old. I'm not sure how that happened, but I will tell you that I have cherished each and every day with you.  Every single day of your life I have snuggled you close, and breathed in your sweet tiny baby smell, and rubbed my cheek against your silky soft head, and whispered how much I love you.  These first weeks with you are etched deep in my memory, and I will never forget what it is like to spend my days taking care of you.  Even when you are a big, grown-up boy, and you spend your time thinking about sports and video games, i will always remember what it was like when you were my tiny little baby boy.
 
You are a serious little fellow. From the moment they handed you to me, and you looked at me with a bit of a scowl and a completely furrowed brow, I knew you would be a solemn little guy.  I work hard to get you to smile, and  every once in a while you will forget your serious side, and reward my efforts with a gigantic silly grin, and I melt.  Then you promptly go back to your serious face.  I have grown fond of the little scowl that you typically wear around, and I joke that we need to get you some baby botox for your furrowed brow. 
 
You love drinking your milk, and it shows! I'm not quite sure how much you weigh right now, but you certainly show no signs of the 5 pound baby that was born 5 weeks early.  You have chubby cheeks and chubby legs, and you are growing like a weed. You eat every 3 hours, and you gulp down your milk in about 5 minutes flat. 
 
You spent the first 6 weeks of your life making all kinds of grunting noises when you slept. Recently you have stopped grunting, but you are now kind of snoring/snorting in your sleep. Boys are certainly noisy sleepers!
 
You actually love tummy time at this point in your little life. You wish I would let you sleep on your tummy all the time, but the current trend among pediatricians frowns on that, and so you reluctantly agree to sleep on your back.


 See what I mean about your chubby cheeks!! :)
 You are ambivalent about your pacifier. Sometimes it is your favorite thing in the world, and sometimes you spit it right back out at me. 
 This was your first smile captured on camera, at about 7 weeks old. 
You don't really have a favorite song, but pretty much everybody sings "Hey Jude" when you are around.
You did lose most of your hair, but it is starting to grow back.
You are great in the car, and don't mind riding in your car seat at all.
You are a remarkably good baby. Occasionally you will get fussy at night, but you seem to already be growing out of that, and you very rarely cry.
You're not crazy about bath time yet, but you tolerate it.
Your daddy thinks it's pretty cool to have another boy around the house.
We aren't exactly sure who you look like, but I'm pretty sure you will look just like your dad (who looks just like his dad, who looks just like his dad!). Those Stickley genes run strong in the men on your Daddy's side, and I am hoping you will take after them. You do carry the name of your Great Great Grandpa Freeman Stickley, afterall!
Your sisters think you are amazing. Sometimes I will look in the backseat and see them arguing over who you are looking at the most while we are driving (your car seat is in the middle of your sisters). They like to sing you songs and read you stories.
 
You are the perfect addition to our family, little Jude Freeman. I can't wait to see what your future holds!
 


2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! Jude is certainly growing fast. What a sweetheart he is. Just adorable.

Shabnam and Brant said...

Can't believe he's 2 months old already! What a cutie...love that smile!