We are running a few days behind schedule around here (Surprise!!). Both Grandpa Stickley and Aunt Coral celebrated birthdays last week...a BIG HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Hawaii!
Our house has gone from floor to ceiling boxes (which I thought was bad) to floor to ceiling "stuff" which is no longer in boxes. I'm not sure which is worse, but it is fairly overwhelming either way. On top of all of the stuff to unpack, i had invited our neighbors over for dinner (before i knew the "Stuff" would be piled up all over the house), so i had to at least get the living room in order. AND one more thing to just add to the madness..Juneau's birthday party at the indoor bounce house was scheduled this weekend. Talk about crazy!!
On to some pictures...
Nova has inherited the "Aunt Betsy Sweat Gene", and poor kid is constantly covered in sweat. Here she is holding baby Jude in the Baby Bjorn...
Jude still naps pretty much all day. I can't say I am complaining about this (see the above paragraph regarding the piles of stuff to be unpacked). He's really quite cute when he naps :)
More napping (check out those cheeks!)
Getting a little snuggle from "sweet mother" nova
And kisses from "sweet mother". Nova sings a lot of made up songs, and her song to Jude the other day was something like "I love the way you smell, I love your soft skin"...I'd have to say I agree with her there :)
We finally found all the pieces to Jude's new swing (somehow it had gotten packed into 3 separate boxes). He's not as much of a fan of the swing as Nova was as a baby, but it is still mildly entertaining for him.
One of the highlights of this week was the Air Show at the Marine base near our home. The Blue Angels were on the island, and lucky for us, they were flying over the bay just outside our house. So we sat on the Lanai and enjoyed the show!
It was really very spectacular, and the girls (and Cris!) were mesmerized
They flew so close to our house you could practically feel the walls shaking. The shadow in the top right corner of the picture is our roof...that's how close they were! It was totally awesome!
more cool Blue Angel pictures...
In this picture you can see the boats all hanging out at the Sandbar for a great view!
This weekend was a big win for the Buckeyes. The kids showed their team spirit by wearing their Ohio State gear (you can see how enthusiastic Jude is!)
Nova has recently become obsessed with this stuffed elephant. She wanted to be sure the elephant was included in the picture. She has also been dressing it in people clothes. Luckily the elephant also wears a 4T, so it has a large wardrobe.
Finally (after many days of answering the question " how many more days until Sunday?") Sunday rolled around, and it was time for the bouncy house birthday. I have to say of all the birthday parties I have thrown for the girls over the last 5 years, this was the easiest and most laid back. The kids totally entertained themselves with hours of bouncing, and there was virtually no preparation/clean up! totally worth the price of admission :)
We got Juneau a delicious Costco cake, and I bought this cool photo cake topper to go on it. It was cheap, and very easy to apply, and Juneau thought it was super cool. Her immediate request was "Mom, can I PLEASE eat my own face?"
Happy Fifth Birthday Sweet Girl!
The adorable little Henry. This is our next door neighbor, and he is also in Juneau's kindergarten class. I think there will be many fun times in store for Juneau and Nova with this little guy living right next store! (And considering Henry's dad just bought a fancy new motorcycle, I think there will some fun times in store for the daddies and their motorcycles as well!)
Juneau and Melody jumping like crazy!
Nova had a blast as well!
Cousin Tim antagonizing entertaining the girls on the merry go round
As if they weren't wound up enough at the end of the party, Cris had to rough house with Julian and Nova before everyone went home
Annnnnddd.....we'll finish this post with a photo of Jude doing what Jude does best....



























0 comments:
Post a Comment