The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 133 / 63 To Go: Silly Me...

Posted by: Cris

Tonight has been eventful and strange - It was definitely silly of me to think that we'd make it through a full week without an "event". But, of course that wasn't the case and I got to ride home in a tow truck again after the BMW stopped on the side of the road while the girls and I were on the way to McDonalds. Seems like there is a pretty good chance I should have changed the fuel pump relay when I changed the fuel pump. So when I got home I was working by flashlight out in the driveway trying to find the relay that runs the fuel pump (not as easy as it seems it should be) when I heard the tsunami siren go off. I hadn't had the tv on all evening so I went inside to catch up on the news that at this very minute there could be a tsunami steaming toward us. I'm thinking we are safe up here on the hill and it would take a pretty big wave to get up here...but, if it looks like it's going to make it up here, I'm going to lash myself to my corner fence post like Gilligan did to the coconut tree when the tsunami hit his island because I'm betting it will withstand the rush.

On the serious side though, if it's coming, the tsunami is still 3 or 4 hours away so I'll try to sleep while still keeping an ear open for the tsunami siren in the middle of the night.

Today there are no pictures of Juneau and Nova because I got picked to supply the camera for our yearly photo of all the PhD and Master's students in our program. What a fine looking crew: As a result, Nelson had to collect video of Juneau talking about this picture she was very proud of that she drew of Nova.

2 comments:

Trying Traditional said...

stay safe, thinking and praying for your family, friends, and the dogs too ;)

Anonymous said...

Stay safe you guys! I hear your gonna be getting some pretty big 8 ft or so waves. Praying for the family and everyone in Hawaii!
God Bless.
-Kirstie