The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 143 / 54 To Go: Things I Missed Today

Posted by: Cris

While I was back in the lab all day today expanding my limited Japanese vocabulary as it relates to anatomy (it's funny because I know how to say thoracolumbar fascia in Japanese - cyo yo kin maku - but I couldn't begin to figure out how to say "where's the bathroom), here's what Juneau and Nova were doing:

Juneau made mischief of one kind and another in her wolf suit...


I know, my girls are adorable. I'd argue with you if I could but you just can't.

By the time I got home, I was wiped out but super glad to see my girls. I'm so glad I'm on spring break this week with limited work duties and can spend lots of time with Juneau and Nova. I couldn't believe how much I missed them this week...makes me dread next fall/spring.

We had a couple left-over ice cream bars that my friend Bret had brought over last night to watch the fights and the girls thought it was the greatest treat ever.

Juneau especially is so funny about stuff like this because 30 minutes after she has been done eating her ice cream bar, she will say something like "That ice cream bar was really good...Thank you for giving us those ice cream bars." So sweet.

Then it was off to bed for a Toy Story storybook story (of course)...and soon it will be off to bed for daddy as well. I'm looking forward to laying in bed in the morning and waiting to hear those footsteps coming down the hall and (lately it's been Nova) one of them peaking into my room and coming running to jump in bed with me once they see me laying there. A good cuddle and probably an episode of Dora will ensue.

0 comments: