The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 152 / 45 To Go: Happy Birthday Mommy!!!

Posted by: Cris

Birthday #1 for baby Emilie: It's hard to believe that it has been 8 years already since Emilie and I met. When we first met, Emilie was just 23 years old and I'm super lucky she didn't care that I was just a month away from turning the big 3-0.

That first birthday, we'd only been dating less than 3 months so I got her a modest present: a reprint of a Janice Joplin concert poster from the 70's that apparently was cool enough for her to decide to keep me on for another year.
Two birthday's later we got married here in Hawaii...
That first birthday after we started dating I could never have imagined what a difference this woman would make in my life and how lucky I would be to get to spend the rest of her birthday's with her.


But, I've been incredibly fortunate to share 9 birthday's with Emilie and along the way, this crazy ride has resulted in the two greatest blessings we couldn't ever have imagined 8 years ago:




---"Come over soon" was supposed to be "Come home soon" but Juneau couldn't remember it :)


Happy Birthday Em! I love you more and more every birthday that goes by! We can't wait to celebrate your birthday with you for real in about 45 more days!


1 comments:

Susan said...

Happy belated birthday, Emilie!!