Posted by: Cris
The girls and I had quite a busy day. This morning was full of general rowdiness and play time around the house.
Juneau came up to me like this (pictured below) and the following conversation ensued:
"Look at me daddy"
me: "yeah" (unsure what she is pointing out specifically)
"I'm doing what you do with your glasses"
me: "yeah, you're right, I put my sunglasses on my shirt like that when I'm not wearing them"
"Yeah, you always do that with your sunglasses...I do that too"
The playing predictably led to Play-Doh. Juneau called me over because she wanted to show me that she had made me with her Play-Doh (I don't think my hair is that long though).
Juneau's next Play-Doh project was making this cool watch:

Finally around lunch we headed out so I could stop and get the part I needed for the air conditioner in my truck. I knew when I bought the truck that the air conditioner didn't work and talked the guy down $500 based on knowing I'd have to get it fixed. Thanks to the extended contacts I have through my friend Sean (who knows an expert for any occasion), I was able to work through the process of diagnosing and fixing it with just a few pointers from his (and now my) mechanic. I had never tackled an air conditioner before but it was surprisingly easy. Pump some ultraviolet dye in there, go out at night and using a little blacklight flashlight look all around the system for the dye, figure out where the leak is, depressurize the system to take the piece off, replace it, refill the system...and now I have an ice cold AC in my truck. The girls will be bummed though becuase they have actually love riding around in my truck with their windows down. In the end, the fix only cost me $100 for the part and about 1 hour of my time...definitely came out ahead on that one.
Since putting up the fence in the yard, I had noticed (and my neighbor mentioned it to me also) that the chickens were not nearly as bad in our immediate area...much fewer rooster calls in the morning and those that are around are definitely further away now that chickens aren't coming directly into the yard.
The last week or so though, this hen has been finding a way into the yard with her chicks in the late morning. I haven't been able to figure out if she is just flying over the fence while the chicks squeeze through the mesh or what.

This afternoon, the girls and I went out to go play and work in the yard awhile to I let the dogs into the lower yard. When I opened the gate, the chicken was just outside the fence at the back corner of our property. Denali took off at absolute full speed toward the corner and even though there was a fence in between, quickly was within a couple feet of the hen (and I assume her chicks were nearby based on the ruckus that ensued. My neighbors were out on their lanai at the time and watched the whole thing and we all had a great laugh. My neighbors are crediting my dogs with creating a quieter environment in the neighborhood.
Finally, do NOT watch this show...unless you are prepared to cry like a baby:

I had seen several weeks ago a preview for this show that was getting ready to start on Lifetime network. This show chronicles homecomings including surprise reunions with unsuspecting children and families of soldiers coming home from deployment.
Today, I happened to see on the channel guide that an episode was coming on later so I made a point to catch it. Obviously, our current pending reunion and my anxiousness for this last stretch to be over makes this hit a little closer to home but still, I'm not ashamed to say I watched the whole hour with a tear in my eye the entire time.
If you don't get Lifetime, you can watch clips or full episodes on the show's website here:
Coming Home. Take a box of tissues with you when you check it out!
1 comments:
I cried like a sad sad baby when I watched that show! I finally turned it off b/c I didn't want puffy eyes the next morning! I finished it the next morning with tissues in hand yet again! It's a neat show. Praying for you guys in this last stretch!
Post a Comment