Posted by: Cris
T-shirts are as close as you'll get to having the Pidgin in our house: I'm grouchy:
Today started the NCAA basketball tournament for real (yes, I know there were play-in games the last 2 days but I don't really count those). I'm sure the University of Hawaii network was running a bit slower today as we all were sitting at our desks streaming the games while we worked thanks to ESPN.com
You are a basketball nerd if:
This week Alex & Lyndsey were filling out their tournament brackets. At one point Alex asked "who should I pick for my 5-12 upset?" Now, for those who aren't NCAA tournament aficionados, historically, the match-up between the #5 seeds and #12 seeds are rife for upsets. Almost every year there is at least one #12 that upsets a #5. If you are only 13 years old and already know that you need to pick a 5-12 upset in your bracket, you are a basketball nerd. (Sure enough, on day 1 there was a 5-12 upset - and a 4-13 upset - Did you pick Richmond as your 5-12 Alex?)
Finally in basketball news, this year marks the age at which real rules for who plays where start to kick in for AAU basketball for Alex and Lyndsey. They aren't allowed to play with all the girls from their school team on an AAU team like they did last year so that meant finding a new club.
Excuse me?
Colleges are scouting 8th grade girls basketball? Organized sport in this country is officially out of control!
Regardless, congratulations to my awesome nieces...keep working hard and having fun!!



1 comments:
Hello! I'm a student at Emilie's med school and want to do obgyn. Just wanted to let you guys know that there were 7 people matched into obgyn this year! A lot more than past years!
Post a Comment