The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Nova Jo is 2 months old!

Dear Sweet Nova,


Today we celebrated your second month of life on the Fourth of July! You joined the festivities in an adorable little outfit from Aunt Nutkin.
The second month of being your Mommy and Daddy has been amazing. You are developing a little personality, and you are so much fun to be around!
Here are some fun things about you during your second month:

*The most fun part of our day is when you first wake up in the morning. You spend a whole hour just making huge smiles at us, and even trying to laugh, although it doesn't sound much like a laugh yet.
*At your 2 month check-up you weighed 11.5 pounds, and you were right in the 50% for height and weight.
*You have spent a lot of time this month with Aunt Betsy, who loves playing with you and taking you on walks.
*You are cooing a lot, and starting to babble.
*You can't stand being hot, and you really sweat a lot for a little baby!
*You also can't stand for your milk bottle to be cold, and you will spit it right out if the temperature isnt perfect
*You discovered your hand this month, and now it's always in your mouth! It's always your left one, and yuor dad thinks you are going to be a Lefty.

This month you said goodbye to Daddy for 6 1/2 weeks and made the 2nd Trans-Pacific flight of your life. You will be spending this time in Grand Rapids, MI with Mommy, Grandpa and Grandma. Dad was so sad to see you go and he calls to check on you and to send you kisses every day.

You are our little Sunshine and we can't wait to see what your 3rd month will bring.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy
p.s.
Next week you are getting a big sister!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

IAMEM, I just want you to know that I love you. I check this damn webpage every day - I am so excited for you and your family. Today, I started crying reading your stories - which is not really that uncommon for me. Even though we are thousands of miles and years away from each other - I miss you, think of you daily, and love your baby girls. I so wish I could know them. I hope our lives bring us together again someday. Love,Tesa