Posted by Cris:
What a great plan I had formulated: Stay home today and work on the fence all day while grandma played with Juneau & Nova and get a whole lot done!
When I woke up this morning to POURING rain and nothing but haze as far a I could see out over the ocean, I knew it wasn't going to go as expected. So I waited...and waited...and waited while the girls watched Wizard of Oz with Grandma. Finally, about 10:30, it lightened up enough that I decided to go work outside even if I got wet. I set to work and it stopped raining for awhile.
Meanwhile, Juneau & Nova were enjoying this super cool tent and tunnel combo that they just got as a late Christmas present from Auntie Iris.
Tonight we decided to head to the mall and let the girls burn some energy.







As you can see, since they are basically together in every single picture, these two are super buddies. They spent the whole time at shopping-play playing various pretend scenarios together - "Come on sissy, we have to climb up here to get away...Ahhhhh"










It is great to see how Juneau & Nova continue to get closer and closer the older they get. They obviously don't have much choice since they spend 24 hours a day together. They love to sit in the back of the car and have conversations (that sometimes lead to arguments); Juneau is constantly pointing out to Nova something that she thinks is cool and wants to make sure Nova sees; and Nova is always worried "Are you okay Juneau" if Juneau falls down or could be hurt. And it is MAJOR bad news if Nova wakes up and can't find Juneau in their sissy bed in the morning or at naptime - "WHERE's Juneau!" with crying ensues.
On their schedule of not eating for 2 days, then eating their bodyweight, today was a "eating their bodyweight" day.
Finally, I made progress on the car hunt and after driving it on Monday, I bought this truck today. Super special thanks to my awesome friend Sean for coming to meet me at the last minute when I went to look at this truck and give it his professional inspection. After a thorough inspection and test drive, he said to me "I'd buy it" and he even smoothly talked the guy down to the price that he and I thought it was worth.
As I finish this post, it has been POURING rain as hard as seems physically possible and has been raining pretty hard for most of the last 24 hours. Electricity has been off and on all over the island today and traffic lights were out throughout the island today during both morning and afternoon rush hour and they are expecting this to continue for about another 24 hours - In Hawaii, this is the equivalent of a good old fashion Midwestern Blizzard...except it still will be 75 degrees tomorrow so I'll take this version of bad weather over the alternative.



1 comments:
oh, so that's how i get you to actually take a lunch break on a yardwork day...i have to somehow get the electricity to go out. i will keep that in mind!! love the pics today! so glad your mom is there and that the girls are having fun!!
love,
mommy
Post a Comment