Posted by: Cris
So after spending the day replacing the glass on a sliding patio door (don't ask - but thankfully Reuse Hawaii had a replacement that I got for only $30 - if you live in Hawaii, go check this place out - a non-profit org. doing a good thing), we headed out to shopping-play for awhile to night to let the girls spend some energy.
"i slept in late. then i got up, took a shower, and got a $20 one hour massage. pretty good day so far :) "
War Zone huh?
I'm kidding of course. I'm actually thrilled that there are opportunities for her and others to be spoiled and do things that make the time there feel like their lives back home.
Many of you know that I am one to never miss a night of MMA fights. Tonight, I have been sitting here watching the UFC's second Fight for the Troops; A night of fights put on in a huge hangar at Fort Hood, TX. Besides providing a night of entertainment for our soldiers as a way of saying "thank you", the UFC uses these events to raise money for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund and its attempts to advance the treatment and care of traumatic brain injury in our soldiers. Between fights they have been chronicalling individual stories of our heroes who have come home with this injury. Probably based on our family's current connection to these type of soldiers, I have been particularly touched by all of these profiles and I don't think there has been a single story that hasn't resulted in me being teary-eyed by the end as they talked to the soldiers and their families whose lives have been forever changed by TBI.
Please consider visiting Fightforthetroops.com and making a donation of any size.



0 comments:
Post a Comment