The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 95: Wanted - For Chocolate Smuggling...

Posted by: Cris

Wanted: For Chocolate Smuggling - Juneau Iris Stickley

Last night, at approximately 7:45 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time, Juneau Iris Stickley along with her sister Nova Joelle Stickley were each given a chocolate kiss by their daddy. When they went to bed approximately 8:00 p.m. HST, Juneau's dad did not realize that Juneau was smuggling her chocolate in her cheek in an effort to savor it endlessly. He should have realized this was a possibility since she has a history of chocolate smuggling.

After falling asleep before finishing her prize, this morning the chocolate smuggler was caught red (or brown) handed.

Mugshots when she was taken into custody:

Though her sister wasn't charged with aiding and abetting, she still wanted her mugshots to be taken as well:

Mickey nuggets for lunch are always a hit (just to be clear, these are chicken nuggets shaped like Mickey Mouse and NOT nuggets OF Mickey Mouse):



The girls helped Nelson make these beautiful chocolate muffin/cupcakes.
After I got home from work, the girls went with me outside to play while I worked on hole digging. Nova was convinced she was scared of the ladder going down to the lower yard but I forced her to climb down with me right below her. About halfway down she realized it was no big deal and started smiling.

Juneau on the other hand jumped right on...
They LOVED pretending the shed was their Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Nelson said "You may have to turn that into a playhouse". I said, "That's fine as long as they realize there's going to be a lawnmower in their playhouse."

So, while the girls played, I dug into a hill full of embedded stones and lava rocks.

Based on my work today, I was able to formulate the following conversion formulas: When standing at the top of a hole and assessing how deep it is - 1) when digging in regular dirt it is actually only about 3/4 as deep as you think, 2) it is only 2/3 as deep as you'd like it to be and 3) when digging in said lava rock encrusted dirt, it is only 1/2 as deep as you are praying it is.

However, my entertainment while I was digging was Juneau running around the yard with a palm frond as her torch yelling in her best Wicked Witch of the West voice: "How about a little FIIIRE scarecrow" - Completely hilarious.

When it was time to head back up to the house, the girls were dying to jump back on the ladder. Nova: "I'm not scared anymore to climb the ladder."


Does anyone realize how much time you spend running sortie's back and forth to the bathroom now that I have two toddler's with bladders the size of an eyedropper fully using the potty now?
So, these two spend alot of time on their stool at the sink going through their post-potty ritual: Water, soap, then they say "ubbascrubba" (had to include that one for aunt coral), rinse, towel...back to playing
Everytime Nova sits on the potty I tell her "I'm proud of you Nova for sitting on the potty" and she gets a big smile on her face and in the cutest, gentlest voice looks at me and says "I'm potty trained now Daddy". And you wonder why she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cupcakes for a special birthday!?! Happy Birthday, Cris! Hope it's a special one, even though I know it won't be "complete"! Love you! Coral