Posted by: Cris
I'm not sure who schedules a class from 1:30-4:30 on a Friday afternoon but apparently the Medical School doesn't want the med students to be able to get too early of a start on the weekend because today I had to go teach anatomy class at that time. So, after my early meetings this morning, I rushed home to get Grandma and the girls and drop them with Aunt Wallie and Oma while I went to teach at the Med School.
The girls had fun as always.
Of the 3, only Nova took a nap so she was ready to play all afternoon long.


Since we have often completely missed the fireworks because dinner ran long, tonight we tried actually eating at Benihana at Hilton Hawaiian Village from whence the fireworks actually originate.
God bless Beth who "volunteered" to be the adult who sat in the middle of all the girls who insisted on sitting together.
Juneau and Nova love Aunt Beth and use her to get their "mommy fix"

Juneau is absolutely enthralled every time we go to a place like Benihana where they flip, cook, chop and make the steaming onion volcano right in front of you.

After 3 months in Hawaii, Aunt Wallie and Oma had their first Mai Tai

Aunt Beth has a mommy vibe...and a cell phone to play games on.
Rides on Oma's lap...even better than cell phone games.
The wedding chapel at the Hilton Hawaiian Village that my cousin Tim designed:

The end of another long fun day playing with Melody. Uncle Tim was anxious to get home and find out on the blog what he did tonight. In short, he sat next to me at Benihana, had the filet mignon and joined me in looking across the table and marveling at Beth's cat herding abilities with our troupe of little girls.
Finally, I'm not sure if Emilie will see this before I talk to her but she will be shocked to hear that I just found out today that a certain son of our very good friends here in Hawaii (who is exactly 3 weeks younger than Nova - you know the one!) will have a little brother or sister come May. Congratulations B & B!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment