Posted by: Cris
With this semester of to a roaring start and busier than ever and with trying to get the fence done so the dogs can come home, I definitely would not have been able to survive the last couple weeks without grandma here. She has handled everything Juneau and Nova related and freed me up to get things under control both at home and at work. But, after spending what seems like every minute of every day with Juneau and Nova in recent months (and seemingly for the last year and a half), I find myself feeling like I don't see them at all now and missing our time together. I make a trip to Home Depot by myself and find myself thinking about how fun it is to ride them around on a flatbed cart full of hardware and lumber - even if it gets extremely frustrating when Juneau needs to go sit on the potty after I've totally loaded a cart up with a couple hundred pounds of supplies.
I guess that's why the last couple days, the highlight of my day has been when the girls wake up from nap, I'm down in the yard working and from 30 feet above me on the lanai I hear "Hi Prince!" from my little princess Nova. Juneau yells "Hi Daddy!" and then proceeds to ask me all about what I'm doing. "I'm working on the fence sweetie"...Juneau: "So Sherpa and Denali can't get out?"..."Yes, baby."...How could I ever get by without them :)
If you ask the girls what they want for dinner, every time they say "the place with the cookie." So, generally I don't ask. But tonight I wanted to get them out of the house so I asked and of course, we ended up at Moe's
And lest you think I've forgotten my "other girl"...I miss Juneau & Nova's mommy most of all of course...because when I don't really see Nova or Juneau all day, at least at the end of the day I get to give them a super squeeze hug, eskimo kiss and regular kiss, tuck them into bed and tell them I love them. Unfortunately there is still a lot of time before mommy gets any eskimo kisses or super squeeze hugs from us :(



0 comments:
Post a Comment