Posted by: Cris
It dawned on me last night as I settled into bed how long it has been since it was just me and the girls. My sister came in the middle of December and helped me get Juneau and Nova home to Ohio for Christmas, loads of cousins, grandparents and aunts and uncles dominated their time at Christmas and then grandma has been here since we came back at the beginning of January. It has been such a blessing to surround the girls for the last almost 6 weeks by so much family. But now it is back to just us three and I am trying to settle back into that mindset.
The girls realized right away that things were back to "normal." Last night was the first night in 6 weeks that they didn't sleep in a room at night with Aunt Coral, or their cousins, or me, or grandma. But, they handled it pretty well...as long as I left the hall bathroom light on.
Today, I was off to work early for my long day teaching and in the lab so Nelson and Katy were back in action. I decided we would make a concerted effort to help Nova get over her lack of caring about finishing potty training so with scheduled potty breaks every 40 minutes, Nova made it through the entire day today with only 1 small accident in her pull-up...hopefully we are on to something here. Even though Grandma introduced them to their new favorite treat (chocolate graham crackers), Nova still enjoys a good Oreo after nap.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Day 89: Just us three...
The girls have pretty much forgotten they have any other toys for the time being except for their Woody and Jessie dolls which means by now I pretty much have all their sayings memorized.
The good news though is that Woody was actually on "demo" mode last night and by switching him to "play" mode, he actually will say "There's a snake in my boot"...this fact ABSOLUTELY made Juneau's day today.
Finally, I had to show the great little treat that was in a care package I received recently from someone who apparently thinks I'm such a nerd that I would enjoy Silly Bands if they were in the shape of human organs...and they were right.
So, here is: a kidney, a heart, a stomach, small intestines, lungs and (my personal favorite) the brain. The girls took the rest of the package and by the end of the night knew exactly what each of them were...nerds in training!!
Posted by Cris and Em at 9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Those bracelets are awesome! Your family might also like the plush microbes from Think Geek (http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/6708/).
Your updates are so inspiring. I'm certain Emilie is as thankful for you as you express to be thankful for her. Your love story with one another, along with the love you both have for your girls, is amazing, especially in a world where divorce is so common (and even more so in the military world). Thank you for your updates!
Post a Comment