The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 35: Hopefully not many like this...

Posted by: Cris

I am very thankful tonight for all of the prayers and well wishes people sent out today after Emilie's post. It turned into a very somber day for me as well after sitting with Emilie on skype and feeling so incredibly helpless that I couldn't reach 7000 miles through the screen as she was crying and hold her. I hope there aren't too many more days like this for Emilie. But, my wife is incredibly strong and I know with the help of everyone's prayers she will be fine.

Sitting in my office and trying to concentrate after I talked to Emilie today was tough so I snuck out a couple hours early and came home and worked on the fence and cleaning the gutters...manual labor is always a good distraction.

But, all day I was thinking about how much God has blessed Em and I over the last 5 years since we got married (has it been that long?) As a result, I couldn't resist posting this picture of what I my girl looked like when we started dating...How could I resist that smile? I also figured that today was a good day to give the girls these dog tags that Emilie made for the girls with a picture of each of them with mommy.

To lighten the mood of the day, I'll refer you to yesterday's post and the comments section. Now, Emily is one of those people who I've never met but is a long time follower of our blog. She is the daughter of my dad's friend and she actually lives in Germany. In response to my ranting about German candy yesterday, she commented in part: "It has to be the Haribo color-rado mix, which is truly awful."

This comment totally made my day because sure enough:

...Emily was spot on. :)

I'll end the day on this incredibly cute note: Every night when I go down to bed, obviously I stop and peek in on the girls. Last night, this was waiting for me: (See Juneau too?)
Zoom out for the total cuteness:

1 comments:

Cris and Em said...

so sweet. nothing like snuggling with your big sister :)
love, mommy