Posted by: Cris
Today felt weird for me as I spent the day without Juneau & Nova...they were off having a super fun day with Grandma & Grandpa and Aunts and Uncle while I was went skiing with Drew and the Alford's.
First, a flashback to last night (I stole these pictures from Kyle's camera):
At portrait innovations getting ready to look adorable (Juneau and Nova, not Drew) Juneau loves playing with all of her cousins
Today was the day that is the annual highlight of Kyle's trip to Ohio for Christmas: Skiing Day!!
Becky and Hope ready to hit the slopes:
Kaleb preparing to rob the snack stand in the ski lodge:
Hot chocolate break:




2. Kyle made the bravest move of the day when he attempted to shoot an off trail path through the woods and nearly made through terrain deserving a triple diamond rating before he wiped-out magnificantly into a tree - but was totally unhurt.
3. Thanks to a second year of tips from Drew, after a couple hours, I was able to master the front side stop on my snow board so the rest of the day we were able to do some serious snowboarding that included shooting through the woods and mini (and I mean VERY mini) jumps off of some snow mounds. A total and complete blast!!
Highlights from the day included:
1. Becky made it the whole day without sacrificing anyone to the chairlift to save her own hide - although, I did ride up the lift with her twice and she will readily grab you while exiting the chairlift just in case she needs someone to "push off of".
2. Kyle made the bravest move of the day when he attempted to shoot an off trail path through the woods and nearly made through terrain deserving a triple diamond rating before he wiped-out magnificantly into a tree - but was totally unhurt.
3. Thanks to a second year of tips from Drew, after a couple hours, I was able to master the front side stop on my snow board so the rest of the day we were able to do some serious snowboarding that included shooting through the woods and mini (and I mean VERY mini) jumps off of some snow mounds. A total and complete blast!!
I don't know how many runs we made down the slopes today but Drew and I literally were on the very last chair up the mountain tonight as we were all still having a blast as the place was completely closing down for the night.
Meanwhile, Juneau and Nova spent the day with Grandpa & Grandma, Aunt Becky and Aunt Sonya and Uncle Tommy and cousins Micah and Secily. There was lots of playing, a bath (no picture this time of all the cousins in the bathtub) and a movie with 2 boxes of popcorn consumed. By the time I got home, the girls were tucked into (or crammed into) the toddler bed and fast asleep.
A super special thanks to everyone for a great day - especially the crew who kept my beautiful girls happy all day so I could go out and play with the big kids...it was, without a doubt, the most relaxing and stress-free day I've been able to enjoy since Emilie left for Afghanistan.



0 comments:
Post a Comment