Posted by: Cris
Our tour of Ohio continues with a return to Grandma & Grandpa's house.
Though they were up late last night and up early this morning, the girls were ready to play today. Once Nova gets into pretend mode, it can become pretty in-depth. Today she started a princess scenario and next thing you know, Grandma was under the table, they were driving to the castle to attend the ball, then to shopping play and who knows what else. Then Juneau put herself in jail...I couldn't keep track of everything that was going on.
Tonight we've been out at Mammaw Stickley's house for an early start to the Stickley Christmas celebration tomorrow (or is it a late start since Christmas was last week?)
Juneau & Nova got these cool early late Christmas presents from Aunt D - story book pilows. Juneau's was Toy Story 3 but of course, yet another person had to feed Nova's princess addiction (you people are killing me).
Here Nova started a pretend scenario where everyone is a 75 year-old in a southern Florida retirement community playing Bingo. (Actually, it was Brent's idea).
As we were all standing around in the kitchen talking after dinner, Juneau came out to the table and quickly rattled off the following in the most serious voice:
"Can I have a piece of candy cuz a cookie's not candy"
I was the only one that caught it completely but I immediately knew exactly what she was saying - At age 3, she was already anticipating that when she asked for a piece of candy I was going to say "You already had a cookie a little bit ago" so she was pre-empting my objection with her own counterpoint - "A cookie is not candy"
I couldn't disagree with her...in fact I was laughing so hard all could do was give her a big hug, tell her "good job" and give her a piece of candy. That girl is going to be big trouble 10 years from now!
Finally, if you've ever wondered if a 12 year old could actually fit into a toddler car seat, then wonder no further.
Funniest moment of the night (and for quite some time for that matter:
As we were all standing around in the kitchen talking after dinner, Juneau came out to the table and quickly rattled off the following in the most serious voice:
"Can I have a piece of candy cuz a cookie's not candy"
I was the only one that caught it completely but I immediately knew exactly what she was saying - At age 3, she was already anticipating that when she asked for a piece of candy I was going to say "You already had a cookie a little bit ago" so she was pre-empting my objection with her own counterpoint - "A cookie is not candy"
I couldn't disagree with her...in fact I was laughing so hard all could do was give her a big hug, tell her "good job" and give her a piece of candy. That girl is going to be big trouble 10 years from now!
Finally, if you've ever wondered if a 12 year old could actually fit into a toddler car seat, then wonder no further.



0 comments:
Post a Comment