Posted by: Cris
Today I took my girls on a long(ish) road trip to meet some old friends. So, we hit the road early this morning and headed toward Cincinnati.
I was anxious to see if there were any remnants still of Touchdown Jesus which sat in front of Solid Rock church on I-75 north of Cincinnati until it was struck by lightning and burned to the ground last spring. (If you aren't familiar with this icon/eyesore, google it).
As you can see, there is no evidence left of Touchdown Jesus or his charred remains. However, word is that they are planning to rebuild him so it is possible he will actually Rise Again. Before I decided that the best move I could make was to propose to Emilie and let her drag me to Hawaii, I spent a wonderful 6 years at Northern Kentucky University. This is where I started my career fresh out of grad school as an assistant Athletic Trainer then as the Head Athletic Trainer.
Since I left in 2005, the University has continued to grow and in the meantime, built the beautiful Bank of Kentucky Center which I had not yet seen. It is very awesome.
After attending the basketball game and spending some time with the NKU gang, we headed to the north end of town to see another old set of friends, Jeremy and Kyla. Jeremy was one of my first Athletic Training students at NKU when I was first out of school and we ended up becoming very good friends along the way. Jeremy and Kyla actually made the trip to Hawaii in 2005 and Jeremy was the only person not in Emilie or my family who was in our wedding. So, we go way back but yet, I had never met his 2 boys and he had never met my girls.
We met up at a Cincinnati "shopping play" to let the kids get some energy out.
By the time we were ready to go get something to eat, the kids were having too much fun and weren't ready to leave.
It was such a great day getting to see so many old friends and reminisce about so many great times and let my girls meet all these folks who have been so important in my life.



1 comments:
i see both girls have moved up a size in their Air Jordan's! I wish they would stop growing until i get back!! Jonah and Caleb are soooo cute :) Looks like a fun day!
love,
mommy
Post a Comment