The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 37: The Neverending Project

Posted by: Cris

While talking to Emilie tonight, I mentioned that not much happened today...mostly because, of course, I was working on the neverending fence project most of the day (and intermittently watching football games - Congrats to Auburn for extending Tim's dream season into the National Championship game...I'm hopeful the Buckeyes are still headed for a BCS game tomorrow when the match-ups are announced). Though I am making progress, at no step along the way has there not been an unexpected obstacle. Today, I actually got the fence set up and put my rigged up fence stretcher on it and went at it. Of course, it wasn't long until as I was stretching the fence, the old posts to which my end posts we attached started to rotate in on the single concrete anchor bolt they were affixed with. The bad news was I had to take 2 hours to head back to Home Depot (with a side trip to Costco while we were in the neighborhood). The good news is that now I know how to put in concrete anchors (hadn't ever done that one before) and now the posts are so strong I'll be able to stretch that fence tight enough to tune it like a guitar string.

The girls of course spent the whole time playing around the Koi pond and trying to lose my tools. Why have I been obsessing so much about getting the fence project done? I am dying to get my dogs here and the fence has to be finished before I can do that. My mom keeps sending me these pictures of the dogs and I figure I have to get that fence finished and get them here ASAP because they are getting totally spoiled:
And Sherpa and Denali LOOOVE the snow (of which there is now apparently alot in Ohio):

Summit obviously would rather just hunker down between a couple of pillows for a warm, toasty nap:
So, I'm optimistic that come the end of January, things will be ready for my pack to make the long flight to Hawaii and start enjoying their new home.
Before signing off tonight, I have to note that tonight I sat around with my friend and fellow MMA fan, Bret and watched 2 different fightcards on competing channels and the highlight of the night was seeing my favorite fighter of all time, Dan Henderson get a HUGE win via knockout. Hendo is getting up there in years and nearing the end of his career so I don't know how many more of these there will be before he retires so tonight was SWEET! Emilie was on Skype with me at the time so I literally held my computer so that she could see and hear the fight on the screen and watched it with me. Ahhh, technology.
Since all the pictures from today's post are from my phone, I couldn't help pulling this one off and posting it as well:
Nova is just a few weeks old here and this was one of her first recorded smiles...Juneau was still waiting for her daddy to come to Vietnam and bring her home and these 2 sisters didn't even know how much they were missing by not having each other around yet.

0 comments: