Well, the "warm" weather couldn't last forever and a few hours ago, the temperatures that had been plummeting throughout the day joined with a committed snowfall to give us the Winter Storm and Blizzard Warnings we now have in the Pike's Peak region. But, in spite of the frigid temps and windchills, we headed out for my wonderful wife's early Christmas...
After wanting REALLY, REALLY badly to join the cult for the last couple years, Sprint's addition of the iPhone to their arsenal finally provided the opportunity for Emilie to join the rest of the members of Jobstown and drink a big glass of Kool-Aid
If you missed the historical allusion and pun in the previous paragraph, have someone born prior to 1970 explain it to you.
So, Christmas came early for Emilie and I'm happy she is thrilled. On the other hand, when I'm due to upgrade my phone in a few weeks, I will be going with the handset that recently overtook the iPhone...Tonight when I asked which phone I should buy, even Siri told me I should opt for the Galaxy 2S.
If you didn't get the joke in the previous paragraph, have someone who was born after 1970 explain it to you.
Disclaimer: I am not anti-Apple (I have an iPod and an iPad - although the latter was given to me by UH) but I'm continually amused by how rabidly a true-believer will defend their Apple product more vehemently than a U of M football fan will foolishly try to defend that their team actually deserves to be playing in the Sugar Bowl this year. For the most part, I'm just using this opportunity to poke at this cousin of mine in Hawaii...
It didn't take long to start testing out the new phone - enjoy some pictures while I get in bed early since I'm going to have to undoubtedly be up at 6:00 and out in the cold shoveling the driveway...stupid Colorado.




0 comments:
Post a Comment