The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Upside of "Global Warming"

Posted by: Cris

If, as a researcher, I thought the "science" coming out of East Anglia was worth the paper it's printed on, I'd actually be glad about it today because it was darn near 60 degrees in the middle of December in Colorado Springs!

The girls (Nova especially) were excited to start the day with Dad attempting to bake cinnamon rolls...a gamble I know but I managed to open the tube, put them on a greased cookie sheet (actually Juneau did that part) and put them in the oven for 20 minutes.


Meanwhile last night in New York, Emilie was excited about...well, something.
Obviously the excitement was over getting to see some of the old Hawaii gang. 
Our dear friends Jeremy and Tracy...I'm super JEALOUS I can't be there to see them.  Tracy just got back from Afghanistan about 1 week ago (She's now only 2 tours behind her husband)
Tracy and Emilie out on the town in Manhattan, NYC
While Emilie was checking out one of New York City's local specialty restaurants (Yes, it says "Johnny Rockets" over her shoulder - I think that place is unique to New York City...and the airport in Columbus, Ohio...and...)...
...we happily made due with a trip to Smashburger!



For those (like my beautiful wife) who claim "Five Guys" or anywhere else is better than Smashburger...well, you are allowed to be dead wrong!  And this is the opinion of a guy who grew up on a farm with beef cattle which meant always having half a dead cow in your freezer...so, I am expertly qualified to rate a hamburger!

All in all, a great day with my girls...a trip to Costco, 2 (yes, I said TWO) stops at Lowe's, dinner at Smashburger and cuddling on the couch watching Dumbo tonight...I love Christmas Break!

0 comments: