The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

long weekend coming to a close

I've been working the night shift this weekend...for some unknown reason i have been struggling with sleeping during the day. I pretty much never have a problem sleeping, so i am not sure what is going on, but i was struggling to get by with 2-3 hr/sleep per 24 hr period! I am sooo thankful for laura this weekend. She has been taking care of the girls in the evenings, putting them to bed, getting up early with them, and then watching them while I try to nap during the day.
 The girls seem to be handling the whole thing pretty well! Last night before I left for work juneau said "mom, can you make me a little card while you are at work and give it to me in the morning? Be sure to put something sweet in it!" So of course my heart melted and I said "sure juneau". The next day I gave her a card shaped like a hear that said "I Love you...you're my favorite 4 year old!). 
Juneau said "thanks mom, but i thought you were going to put something sweet in it". I read it again, and told her it WAS sweet. She said "No, mom. i mean put something sweet you can EAT in it". haha!

Saturday morning after work we headed over to the gingerbread house making event at our church. I am sooooo happy that we have finally found a wonderful small group, and i just love them.  I was surprised our little sugar addict could focus on making the gingerbread house, while surrounded by all different types of sweet treats.

Nova did a pretty good job too!
I just LOOVE a fun morning out with my girlies
Juneau and Riley singing "go tell it on the mountain"
All of the girls went up front and participated in singing Christmas carols. It didn't matter that they didn't know most of the words...they had a blast anyway!
Singing their little hearts out!
Juneau, of course, had to stop for a quick sugar break mid-carol.
And there was the spontaneous circle dance at the end of the caroling. i just LOVE little girls!!!!
sooooo, this morning after work i decided  to load the girls up and take them to the ultimate tourist trap of Colorado Springs. Santa's Workshop at the North Pole. I had to hurry up and take the girls before Cris gets back next weekend because he scoffs at me for succumbing to the tourist traps...and boy am i a sucker. 
BUT we had soooo much fun. The park is just abosloutely perfect for 3 and 4 year olds, and even though the rickety old rides were 30 years old, the girls though they were at disney land.  there were nooooo lines, and they could ride whatever they wanted as much as they wanted.
 Nova especially had such a great time on the kiddie rides.  Juneau was a bit more adventurous (shocking, i know), and after making a new best friend (Annie...the way they hit it off you would have though they were separated at birth), they were riding the roller coaster together without their moms!!!! Nova, meanwhile, was willing to try the roller coaster...in the back seat...and glued to my side...and with tears streaming down her cheeks after the first hill! but she tried it!
The classic carousel - always nova's favorite

 They loved the mini ferris wheel
 (that's annie...juneau's new bestie)
 ohhhh.....sweet nova. she has been so cute lately. She tells pretty much every one we meet.  This is my sister. She's the big sister and I'm her little sister. She's a great big sister. The best part of the whole thing is her tiny little mispronunciation of "sister" and it's just so cute. i think juneau kinda likes it too (although she would never admit it!)
favorite ride of the day
Nova wasn't too keen on this ride, but after some peer pressure from Juneau and Annie she agreed to try it out. 
 And she quickly announced "ohhhh, i LIKE this!"
Nova has totally regressed in her potty training this week. i don't know what the deal is, but she has 2 or 3 accidents a day! seriously! Near the end of the day she suddenly got that uh-oh look on her face, and announced she had peed in her pants....poor little thing had to walk to the car in the 30 degree weather with urinescicles in her pants!

0 comments: