The girls and I had a great day waiting for Emilie to come home. As you can see, Nova has mommy's fashion sense (or is this her thug look?)
At one point, the girls decided they were going to play doctor's office. Nova took her usual nurturing role and was fixing Juneau up...
with a line of patients waiting to see her...must be socialized medicine. Nova initially told me I had to wait at the end of this line until she could see me but must have decided I looked dire because I got jumped to the front of the line.
Juneau and Nova have more and more become total buddies. They love nothing more than making up games and pretend scenarios to play together. They took the family picture magnets from a couple Christmas' ago and drew up a whole scenario of what they were doing with them.
And they always have some complex plan about what they are doing and what it all means.
Finally, the time came to drive up to Denver to pick up mommy.
We surprised her by going inside to wait for her...
Waiting...
...and waiting...
...Tired of Waiting
But finally, she made it off the plane and we loaded up and headed for home. I thought I was going to have to carry 3 sleeping girls into the house but it turned out I only had to carry 2...Juneau was still awake...Kidding - Emilie managed to stay awake until we got home but after a day of traveling and a full day of work about 6 hours away, she was glad to slide under her electric blanket and off to sleep.
And even though it is strangely not that common for our family now days, I am glad we are all safely under one roof tonight.






0 comments:
Post a Comment